Sign in to follow this  

Van Tires

I drive an '03 Chevy 12 passenger van (2 benches removed), with a 6.0 and posi rear end. I pull a 6X12 enclosed trailer with 3 bikes and gear.

The problem is that with the stock road tires, it gets stuck very easily in slick muddy conditions, but 2wd pick up trucks don't in the same situations.

What kind and brand of tires are some of you having good luck with?

I'm going to buy tires soon and would like input on what works out there for the areas we need to get into. A new pick up truck not an option.

I drive an '03 Chevy 12 passenger van (2 benches removed), with a 6.0 and posi rear end. I pull a 6X12 enclosed trailer with 3 bikes and gear.

The problem is that with the stock road tires, it gets stuck very easily in slick muddy conditions, but 2wd pick up trucks don't in the same situations.

What kind and brand of tires are some of you having good luck with?

I'm going to buy tires soon and would like input on what works out there for the areas we need to get into. A new pick up truck not an option.

I have two work vans(e250 and e350) and I use Hankook RF04 tires on both. We are out in the mud and snow quite often and never been stuck with these. But I'm careful with them being 2wd.

I have a 03 Chevy 3500 (15 passenger) 6.0L W/ posi also.

It needed tires this winter so after some research I found "Nokian" tire from

Finland. My local dealer recommended the "Vativa" all season tire.

With these tires it's like I have a 4X4 again! So far they have worked awsome

and I highly recommend them! The tire has a aggressive tread with lots of siping, they ride very good and are not noisy.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone have any input on Good Year Wrangler Silent Armor tires regarding traction in mud?

bridgestone dueller a/t. i have a 98 15 passenger van and havent had a better tire for slippy conditions. i have heard good things about the hankooks also. i think the new ford vans come with hankooks from the factory.