Sign in to follow this  

Is this Tire Too Big--It looks Huge!!!

Now that i have this on the correct thread, I just got a pirelli MT16 120/100-18. The tire looks massive, my bike is in the shop so i can't compare it. Has anyone run these? I have a EXC520 and am wondering if this is too much tire. Any input appreciated--Thanks

I haven't ran a 120/100-18 but I have run a 120/100-19.

The side walls are larger on the 18. I don't think you would have a problem.

The is a little more weight back there. It might hurt you ability to spin the tire for a tight turn.. hope this helps.:censored:

Thanks Jagger it just looks like alot of tire especially when i look at my buddies new stock exc525 tire.

I run a ENDURO COMPETITION III 140/80 18 rear. I like feel of a wider tire plus I like the rim protection.

looks massive

Thats what she said.....lol

all the big 4st run the big tires... I run the stock 120 on mine now...just bought a 120/100-18 Maxxis SI

For slogging thru mud big tire is obviously better, when you get to faster stuff don't expect it to handle like a mx bike, its going to be more like a farm implement.

Check your manual...My bike is an 03 250 exc...it calls for a 140.I to thought it was odd but thats what it calls for!

my tire on my 525 exc is a 140 80 18 i think michilin and stock was a metzler. big tire and no one stocks them. i might go a bit smaller next time.

I ran that tire on my XR400 as long as it clears swingarms, have at it. It is a tough tire.

Now that i have this on the correct thread, I just got a pirelli MT16 120/100-18. The tire looks massive, my bike is in the shop so i can't compare it. Has anyone run these? I have a EXC520 and am wondering if this is too much tire. Any input appreciated--Thanks

That is the correct tire. You will love it.

Dwight

thanks for the responses. Dwight your comments on this tire are part of the reason i bought it. I can't wait to try it, and wanted to make sure it was the correct size because it just looks big. thanks all