Sign in to follow this  

klx110 problem

My 110 bogs out at open throttle. I just put a big bore with a new 26mm carb. The bike ran fine until I cleaned the air filter now it want even run open throttle without the filter. I don't thing it's the rev limiter because it didn't do it from the start. I pulled the carb and cleaned it now it want even run. I put a new plug before I pulled the carb and it didn't help. I don't know where to start because it did it with no warning. The motor has about 10 rides on it since I put the big bore kit on it so for the most part it has new top end and carb. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored:

Are you running a k&n or foam filter. I have heard of the fibers in a k&n matting together and not letting enough air through. Also check valve clearance. It may also be timing. I would pull the cam sprocket and left side cover and make sure it was dead nuts. Also check to make sure cam chain tensioner is working properly.

you could be runnin to lean check your plug if its white or gray its to lean miss with the carb air screw. have you tried starting it with the choke on. it might help if its lean

I think I'm good on the air screw. If anything I think I might be a little on the rich side. I had a buddy of mind give me some advice. With the 26mm carb there is little slack in all the electrical wiring. Like the coil and kill switch wiring. He asked me if I made sure I didn't pull the kill switch wires off. Hopefully that fixes the starting problem(will be pissed),but it still doesn't explain the bogging out. I bought a new foam filter and if it cranks hopefully that might get me going. thanks for the help.....