Sign in to follow this  

difference in 96 and 97 yz250

Does anyone know if there is a difference in these two models i have a 96 yz250 and need to order parts from bikebandit .com and they dont list a 96 only a 97 engine parts is what im looking at? any help.

The intake area is different. Unless your ordering reeds or a reed gasket, you should be ok. What do you need to order?

kickstarter and a gasket on the cylinder a kn airfilter motosport shows it fits 97 to 06 will that fit a 96?

Good advice. The k&n is too much dough for what you get in comparison to the twin air or unifilter. Either of them will do the trick. And I like K&N's, have run them in my 300ZX's with good results, but for a bike application I don't see a significant difference. I ride my 96 in extremely dusty and sandy conditions, and with a properly oiled uni I never have had a problem. I'm considering filterskins on days when it's windier, because on those days I'll get back and the thing is caked solid. But when I pull it off, there's no dirt in my intake boot, so it's doing it's job.