Sign in to follow this  

new 06 tc 450 won't start

just took delivery of my new 06 tc450 with e start, i can't for the life of me get this thing to fire, yes it has fuel and its on, and it has spark as well, i pulled the plug and dried and heated it with a torch and still nothing, i tried with and with out the choke, anyone have any tips for me.

Try wacking the throttle 10 times or so. Use some jumpe cables from your car, your bat might be little under charged. On bottom of carb lh side small allen 3mm loosen that a few turns this will drain float bowl let it run out 15-30 seconds.snug it back up try again. Later George

tired booster cables that didn't help, i will try draining the float bowl, but i don't think thats the issue as i can smell fuel so i know its there

being from up north,where are you trying to start it? heated garage or outside? I am sure that the cold temps could have something to do with it,as well as a low batt.Once the battery is at full charge and you've done what George has mentioned,try putting some heat(via space heater) to the motor.In those temps,I'd probably run 5w40,good luck.

If you think its flooded hold manual comp release wot crank it over look at the exhaust if its puffing out a mist should backfire couple times then should fire. Every once in a while feel the starter mtr if hot stop let it cool down. Let us know George

thanks everyone got it going, and it was worth the wait, this thing sounds nasty with the open system on it

thanks everyone got it going, and it was worth the wait, this thing sounds nasty with the open system on it

:censored:

now lets go for a ride !!!!!!!!!:ride:

They can be kind of persnickety when it is real cold. The more you ride it the easier it will be to get cranked. And the better it will run....

Mike

Try wacking the throttle 10 times or so. Use some jumpe cables from your car, your bat might be little under charged. On bottom of carb lh side small allen 3mm loosen that a few turns this will drain float bowl let it run out 15-30 seconds.snug it back up try again. Later George

:censored: George what should be happening when i wack the throttle, is there some type of mechanical accelerator pump that would shoot fuel into the cylinder???

Yep you got it, almost trying to flood it really cold takes a lot of fuel, as stated the more miles you get the easier it will become. Plus you will know what YOUR bike wants, they are all a little different. Later George

Make sure clutch lever is pulled in.

Try adjusting the idle screw - sometimes if it isn't open enough they won't start