Sign in to follow this  

what parts from 450x fit on 450r

I recently added 05 450x kickstand to my 04.I was wondering if anyone has done similiar swaps.Like radiator,overflow,battery,plastics,headlight.

battery to run light,gas tank.maybe larger radiator from 450x to help cool.

If you're gonna run the battery (no idea where you'd mount it), you'll have to upgrade your stator, etc. in order to maintain the charge. The only big difference a battery makes with regards to lighting is that the light's brightness isn't dependant upon the engines RPM...

I've read that the fuel tank will swap out, but you also have to swap out the shrouds from the X to get them to bolt up, and the lower bolt doesn't line up with the lower mount on the R radiator, because the X's radiator is longer. Don't know if the X rads will swap out. You can do the rad overflow reservoir without swapping the X's over-to do that you'd have to run the left side number plate from the X (assuming that it's in the same location as the 250X), and don't know if that will swap or not...

Personally, of the parts that will swap, I believe the first one I'd do would be to put the X's 18" rear rim on my R for the woods...