Sign in to follow this  

exhausting the exhaust question...

I have an 03 Klr 650 and am looking to swap out the exhaust for an after market set up, I've learned from research that the klr is not a bike your really going to squeeze any more power out of. So I'm pretty much doing this for vanity and to drop a few lbs. The main thing is I don't want to make the bike run worse than stock. I am not much of a motor head so I am looking to by pass any re-jetting. Basically I am looking for something to bolt on that will LOOK better, SOUND better and be lighter, without diminishing performance. Also It would be good for it not to be supper loud. I know I am probably asking for to much.

been looking at

T-4. Big gun, supper trap, ect...:censored:

any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

-Thump

You already know the answer. The pipes you mentioned will be annoyingly loud. That bike comes set up perfectly matched with the factory pipe. Any real performance gains with a race pipe will require re-jetting mods.

The weight thing is a red herring, both pipes have weight, it's not like you lose the 6 pounds of the silencer by changing one for another.

There's a pretty good thread going farther down the list with the guy on a 650L looking for a stock pipe.

If you want to stand out spray paint some flames on your seat or sumpin, lol.:ride: And welcome to the boards!:censored: