Sign in to follow this  

TTR125L Clutch prob.

Ok I'll try to make my questions as clear as possible (being a newb) First of all I have done searches here and elsewhereto try to answer my question before posting a new thread so please don't flame me if I missed something or my terminology is a bit off. :ride:

06TTR125L

My son dumped it last weekend and the clutch stopped working...I think it bent the lever a bit, but we got it bent back to where it was rideable for that day.(ordering a new one anyway)

Got home and washed the bike (useless info I know) and went to put it back in the garage and it wouldn't move.

Pull in the clutch and nada...no movement.

Tried adjusting as the manual directs (not much info there) and have just the opposite prob...

Let the clutch lever out and (even in gear) the bike rolls....its like we can't find that adjustment medium to where it engages and disengages how it is supposed to. This bike only has about 20 hours on it total! Any suggestions?? What's wrong here??? Thanks!

:censored:

Check the cable, alot of times they fray apart. Mine did the same thing...

The ttr is a great bike and easy to work on. I bought one to make a play bike... its like a big 50..lol

• Like 1

Thanks...I was wondering if the cable was shot already :censored: I suppose if it is I will have to order a new one? Going out to see if this might be the problem....I'll be back!

If it was my bike, I'd remove the cable from the clutch lever and use pliers to pull the cable out with the bike in gear while someone else tries to move the bike.

If I could disengage the clutch that way, I'd know it's the lever and/or clutch perch that's the problem. A new one will fix it.

If I couldn't disengage the clutch that way, I'd be very frustrated and sad.

The cable isn't frayed at all...I think it's just a matter of getting some of the slack out of the cable as it is a new bike and it has probably stretched some....and advice on adjusting it on the bottom end?

It is frustrating and sad! lol he wants to ride tomorrow and it's not gonna happen of course until this is fixed...

Well if it's the lever and perch causing the problem, which it probably is, you can pick up a replacement today locally (any lever and perch will work) or take one off one of your other bikes.

Well if it's the lever and perch causing the problem, which it probably is, you can pick up a replacement today locally (any lever and perch will work) or take one off one of your other bikes.

:censored: I don't think so!! LoL Thanks for the info!

Got it fixed! Just changed out the lever and it works great now. Thanks again!