Sign in to follow this  

Bring the new Girl home today . . . .

Will leave here in a bit to bring home the latest addition to the stable.

:applause:

Closed the deal with the dealer last weekend, but this week was nuts at work and didnt need the torture of it being in the garage and not be able to touch or ride so I left it at the dealer until today. (was this a long week or what!)

:censored:

07 450-EXC

My first Pumpkin. :ride:

• JD Jetting
  • Fastway Fit Handquards
  • Flatland Rad guards
  • KTM Hard Parts skid plate
  • 14-52 gearing

should hit the door today from ThumperTalk Store FedEX ground.

Get some miles on it, get the proper FB springs, Radial trials tire, most likely add the EE bar spacers (Im 6'3") see if the valving needs work for the single track here in Western Washington (if so Les at LT-Racing will get the legs to rework)....and ride the silly stink out of it.

Pictures of the stable addition will be forthcoming

HR

:lol:

:applause:

I would add a Honda accelerator pump diaphram as well. Go to the FAQ section,(top of KTM section) read new bike setup, carb setup 101 and AC pump 101

Where did you end up buying it? I just returned from a Ca. to Wa. and back to Ca. road trip last night with a new 450 exc. Sweet bikes:thumbsup:

:ride: HR Congrats! I know you agonized over the awesome Husky TE 450 and the KTM. It was a win/win situation and the orange bike will bring you many smiles. I have not posted in a long time, think this is the first under the new screen name. Let us know when you break her in and put a few scratches on it. Oh and don't forget to take some fresh out of the crate pictures!:censored:

Andy

Congrats Hawaii, I came off the same bike as you did and my first oil change was a bit of a chore, 2 oil filters and 2 oil screens, my advice to you is when you go to remove the large oil screen for the first time, spray a little wd40 on the hex nut then tap the head all around it with something (I used a small center punch) then lightly try to loosen the nut, the hex tends to strip if too much preasure is put on it, I was successful removing the large screen bolt the first time without damage and thats because I came upon posts warning about it, try getting a brap conversion nut for it, I also have the same skid plate and they are very good but I found myself removing the plate more often then I wanted, I may look at a quick release skid plate, if anybody can weigh in about the quick release please do and are they reliable.