Broken cams? Warrenty replacement?

I have heard stories about broken cams and I wonder if anyone has had Honda repair the damage at their cost. Or has anyone had the problem but the dealership tell you it was your fault and you are on your own?

I'd like to hear about it and what dealership you dealt with if possible.

Thanks.

People have posted here that Honda told them to not touch the bike and they would repair it. I'd recommend that if you have this issue, don't touch a thing and take it back to the dealer where you bought it. Do whatever you can to have Honda pay to have it fixed.

ben

when my cam broke i called the dealer i bought the bike from and they said this is a race bike that has NO warrenty so i called another dealer same thing then i called the 800 number and was told they would put it on my vin that my cam broke and that was it so i ordered the parts and got it fixed then i found out honda has replaced them with new motors so i made some calls and found this guys number from honda and after talking to 2 guys from honda he said i cant get my $ back iam thinking so i said well i was told by 2 dealers tuff luck so he said he would call me back on tues and a day later still no call so i think iam going to push this .........WHAT DO YOU THINK.............AND iam out $800 :applause:

when my cam broke i called the dealer i bought the bike from and they said this is a race bike that has NO warrenty so i called another dealer same thing then i called the 800 number and was told they would put it on my vin that my cam broke and that was it so i ordered the parts and got it fixed then i found out honda has replaced them with new motors so i made some calls and found this guys number from honda and after talking to 2 guys from honda he said i cant get my $ back iam thinking so i said well i was told by 2 dealers tuff luck so he said he would call me back on tues and a day later still no call so i think iam going to push this .........WHAT DO YOU THINK.............AND iam out $800 :applause:

You are probably out your dough. Once they have your money, it is almost impossible to get it back.

What 800 number did you call?