Sign in to follow this  

07 kx250f rear sprocket change

I'm riding in the bush a lot these days, so I just picked up a 50 tooth sprocket to replace the stock 48 tooth. Now that it is in my hand I am looking at the bottom chain guide against the 48 tooth sprocket on the bike. It sure looks to me that there is no adjustment in this guide, and it sure looks like that guide is not going to go back on with the 50 tooth sprocket. What do I do? Buy a different chain guide? Put this one back on and let the chain eat the $#@$ out of it? Or just run without it?

i also put on a 50 tooth sprocket.. and i love it!!!

with regards to the chain guide, i bought a chain at the same time i put the sprocket on and i noticed that if you had the axle all the way forward (chain tighteners bottomed out) then the sprocket would interfere with the chain guide. i just slid the axle back until the sprocket cleared the chain guide. then i cut my chain to length. and adjusted my chain tighteners as necessary.

Sounds easy but my chain is all ready new and the axle is right now half way. If I put on the new sprocket the axle will move even farther forwards. Dont really want to buy a new chain just to get the extra link. Hey "extra link" maybe I could add another master link. No, I dont think I want to do that.

yea just unlock the axle and move ur axle blocks further back until is clears the chain guide..if u set the chain tension already ur gonna have to add maybe 1 or 2 links to clear the chain guide and have a proper amount of chain slack

I too am thinking of running a 50 tooth sprock as I spend most of my time in the woods, what did you notice with the larger sprock?