05 TC 450 rear wheel- What years 18" fit?

Your right Jeff. I had three 19" rear wheels changed over to 18" last November out in Santee. By tab end, they cost me $450 each with the $80.00 lacing fee, sprocket and disc included. I also bought two complete TE wheels here on TT last year from two seperate guys and one off Ebay, each one for around $300.00. Had to change brake disc rotor over to TC from TE though. Good luck. Steny

Looking for a 18" rear and was wondering what years will fit the bike? :applause:

And, if anyone has a lead on one, please let me know....:applause:

Jeff,

Skip the 18" deal.

The only benefit is supposedly a lack of Flats, however, a 19" with a Bridgestone Ultra HD Tube will not flat.

If that's not your cup of Tea, Juha Salminen runs a 19" with a Mousse Insert because a Mousse never flats, and as such, no reason for the extra weight of the 18" Tire.

If all that is not to your liking, 2004-2007 are the same with the exception of the Rear Disc prior to the '06-'07 Bikes that use the same "TC Size" disc of the earlier Years (like you have). Pre 2006 Te's had a smaller Diameter Disc. Spare Wheels run in the $800 to $1000 range for the pair. Best source is GP Cycles in SD, they have take-offs from the Supermoto Team.

Bob