Sign in to follow this  

Jetting and Calif. canister questions for DR200

I just purchased a DR200 for my wife and it barely runs. It is a Calif model and has been sitting. I suspect the jets are clogged and need to be cleaned. Can they be accessed by loosening the boots and spinning the carb to get at the bottom of it. What is involved with removing the smog cannister? Thanks for your help.

I have a CA bike. I removed the canister and all the vacume lines in about 30 minutes. Pull off the side plastic to get to the canister and start pulling it off along with the vacume lines. Get a vacume plug for the carb and then pull the line off of it. I left the tank vent alone though. Don't know about the jetting though.

The carb almost certainly needs to be cleaned. If the jets are clogged up, I am skeptical you will be able to clear them with the carb on the bike. You'll probably need to take the carb off and apart and soak parts in carb cleaner to be certain all the little passageways are open.

Thanks for the info I am going to remove the carberator and clean it thoroughly. I have cleaned just the jets 3 times and they keep clogging up. Also, does anyone know if Ca DR200s have any throttle stops or anything like that.