Sign in to follow this  

Should I sell my CRF250X?

Hi all,

I will explain my situation and the reason I'm thinking about selling it. :ride:

I have a 2004 CRF250X in Canada, and a new DRZ400SM in Israel, I am currently in Israel serving in the army, and will move back to Canada only in about a year.

By now I have it for I think 2 years and 2 months and maybe rode it 15 times total since I have it (purchased it new). I don't think I even did more then a 120 miles on it. :lol:

I'm interested in opinions whether I should sell it or not, since someone was interested in buying it recently.

I'm in the military (for the past 2 years) and so I get 20 days a year to fly and visit my family in Canada, so this year 2007 I will be in Canada only for 20 days (in July) and I'm getting released on Feb 2008 (moving a few months later to Canada).

I love the CRF250X, but nobody is riding it there and it's just sitting in the garage:cry: . When I move back I'll probably get the same or a 450X.

You think I should sell it?

I'm almost sure (need to check) I paid 7800$CAD for the bike new back then, any idea how much could I sell it for now :censored: ? Considering it's like new condition?

Thanks.

First of all, thanks for serving we are all thinkin of yall over there!!

Now if you are one of those people who always want and needs the latest and greatest and you could sell it without loosing much.. then do it..

but the bike sitting in the garage unless it is not safe where it is, sure is not going bad.. and will be in the same condition when you get home!

You mentioned a 450X so maybe this is an excuse to get a 450 when you get home???

Tough call.. glad it aint mine! he he good luck! stay safe

I don't think the newer versions offer any substantial improvements over the 04 model. From 07 on they all have smog devices on them for the US. Usually you will take a major loss selling a dirt bike if you haven't used it enough to get your moneys-worth out of it. I'd say keep it unless you'd rather have something else.