Sign in to follow this  

no power!!!

my friend has a 2007 crf50 and we put in a bbr 88 kit and a superoil pump. when we are all done we started it and sounded fine but when he put it in gear and gos the bike hardly even moves its like the bike has no power or like the clutch is gone. the bike moves but it has no power. im thinking we didnt put the clutch back on right, do we need to have the engine top dead center befor we put the little are and the case back on?? has anyone had this problem? please help :applause::ride::applause::censored::lol:

my friend has a 2007 crf50 and we put in a bbr 88 kit and a superoil pump. when we are all done we started it and sounded fine but when he put it in gear and gos the bike hardly even moves its like the bike has no power or like the clutch is gone. the bike moves but it has no power. im thinking we didnt put the clutch back on right, do we need to have the engine top dead center befor we put the little are and the case back on?? has anyone had this problem? please help :applause::ride::applause::censored::lol:

I need more info! Did you change the carb? rejet? How did you set the cam timing?

um i think you dont touch the clutch when you put on the bore kit. you make the fly wheel top dead center take of the cam and change the piston and clynder change the cam, put the cam back together both cam and fly wheel should be at tdc and thats it but im not to sure about the oil pump and you got to adjust your valves.

its like the bike has no power or like the clutch is gone.

those are two completely different things.

is the clutch slipping or is the motor bogging?

I had the same problem with the BBR 88cc superpro kit... Adjust the clutch. By changing the clutch spring included in the kit it changes the travel on the clutch shaft and you need to adjust it.

timing could also be off but it sounds more like a clutch issue but you shouldnt have messed with the clutch on a basic 88 kit.

Check your cam timing....Take left side flywheel cover off, align the "T" on the flywheel edge with the notch on the top of the case (12:00 position) then make sure the "O" on the cam sprocket is aligned with the notch on the cylinder head (9:00 position)....make sure its not off....alignment can be tricky. I think this is your problem. Its amazing how many 88 kits are not timed correctly and way down on power.

Check your cam timing....Take left side flywheel cover off, align the "T" on the flywheel edge with the notch on the top of the case (12:00 position) then make sure the "O" on the cam sprocket is aligned with the notch on the cylinder head (9:00 position)....make sure its not off....alignment can be tricky. I think this is your problem. Its amazing how many 88 kits are not timed correctly and way down on power.

exactly... it will still feel like a stock fiddy if the cam timing is off... the mark on the cam gear has never perfectly lined up on any 88 kit i've built, it's always a hair above or a hair below the notch.. you want to set it to the "hair above" setting... i recently built a Z50 and accidentally had it set below and it ran like crap and over heated easy... took the cam cover off, reset the gear back one tooth to the above setting adn it runs like a champ now

That was my thought but when I asked him what he did when he set the timing , he never answered :applause:

yeah timing must be off. Ive done it on a 114 motor before and was getting walked by 88's.