Sign in to follow this  

Whats This Worth To you?

I have a 1992 RM250 in ROUGH condition being offered to me for basically nothing....here are some pics. Tell me how many *US DOLLARS* you think its worth, Truthfully.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/Wolverine03-3/Rmy2.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/Wolverine03-3/RMy20.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/Wolverine03-3/rmmy.jpg

I would have a lot of questions to ask. Are the wheels true? what's the clutch condition? When was the last time major work was done? top end bottom end. fork seals leaking? has the rear shock ever been serviced? By the looks of it you would need to rebuild the entire thing.

Even if it was in great shape I doubt you could sell it for more than $1500. $50 bucks sounds like the right price.

price all the parts out and see how much its going to cost to ride it again. i no i wouldnt take it if it was givin to me. unless you were going to make a shifter cart out of it

i would pay at least ( or no more than) a hundred for it, looks almost complete. be aware you will have spent probably at least 1000 to get it where you want it as far as being rideable.

I havent Physically went over it yet, just saw those pictures..im going to go maybe ride it and check everything later on perhaps i dont really know yet..

Dude, if u can get it for 50/100 bucks I would do it, u can probbly get it going for the price of new fluids and a piston kit (another 100 or so) then if u like it u can slowly add parts, so why not have a bike for 200$? it may be a beater but what else could u get for that money.:censored:

It is probably going to be a waste of money and time, as the required repairs will far outweigh tthe value of the bike. That bike will never be worth more than 650.00, in real good condition....it's 15 years old and junked out..it has negative value. Just save your money for a better bike, it will cost you less. Besides the suspension sucks on that thing.

Looks like a nice project. I would buy it just for that a good project. But If you don't feel like fooling with it. Then I would just buy it and run the hell out of it till it died.

i wouldnt pay very much at all .. i just got done getting a 88 cr125 running and i could not sell it for what i have in it.. so its a keeper restore bike maybe one day it will be worth more.. that bike looks in very bad shape way worse then the one i got, and i didnt pay much for mine.. add up everthing you think it would cost to get it reliable..it may out weigh what its worth

jeremy

Is that the bike Pastrana backflipped into the grand canyon?

dont listen to these guys....I remember when i was a kid and first stared riding (around 93 94) my bike was an 84 kx 125 and it was pretty beat. i rode it in the clay pits and wouldnt even know what a race track was. rebuilt suspension what the heck was that...now that i am older and can afford a nice race bike as most of the people on these boards i can see how one would say stay away cause you will need to spend way too much.....

I would say that if your intetion is to get a bike to race this will let you down but if you are looking for a bike to learn on or just to beat on in an empty field then why not. I wouldnt take it in for service, get a manual and a wrench and learn how to fix bikes so when you do get a nice one you will have an understanding of how they work...

So it just depends on what your hoping to get out of it.

Ps dont pay more then 100

I took a mid 90's kdx200 with a 250 front end for $300 in owed money. It was in similar condition. Ran like crap, missing stuff, cables wasted, just like this one. I parted it out for $850 and I still have the engine! Take the bike if you can get it for $100. Piece at a time you got an easy $500 to $600 there if it runs. It's fun to build your resume. Life doesn't have to be all sanitary and cleaned up all the time.

I dont know but RM's didn't have inverted suspension on 92' nor that swingarm it has. If I was you I would get it for a cheap price and fix it up. It is fun to fix bikes and when you see what you had at first and what you have then it feels really good. It is gonna take some hundreds to fix. My kx100 wasn't as beat as that bike and I have already almost spent $400 on parts for it and I got the bike for $550. Good Luck!

Willy:ride: