Sign in to follow this  

When it's 77 degrees outside, what does one do?

GO RIDING OF COURSE!!!:lol:

I couldn't have picked a better day to go riding with a friend of mine. The weather was perfect, the scenery beautiful, and the machines worked flawlessly.:ride:

We were in a place called the Tortolita Mountain Preserve (about 10 miles north of Tucson). It's still one of the few places that hasn't been spoiled by development.

This road led us up and over the mountains in the backgound. It got pretty rocky and steep back there.

021707-1.jpg

After about 10 miles, the road suddenly ended in this canyon...

021707-3.jpg

It's truly amazing how these cacti can grow in solid rock!!:censored:

021707-5.jpg

Me and my DRZ. Gotta get the DRZ in a pic somewhere, right?

021707-2.jpg

It's hard to tell from this perspective, but this Saguaro was probably 30 feet tall!!

021707-4.jpg

nice pics, glad you enjoyed your adventure. I took my 01 out for its maiden voyage today. Here in Idaho it's a balmy 50 degrees, snow/ice still covered the road, but the throttle hand was aching for some action. Only did about 15 miles, bu the way the bikes looked you wouldhave guesses it to be 50+ miles. No pics, still havn't gotten in the habit of carrying it with me.

GO RIDING OF COURSE!!!:ride:

021707-4.jpg

Looks like some nice riding :censored:

I don't fancy riding too fast near those cacti :lol:

I don't fancy riding too fast near those cacti :censored:

Yea, one little slip and you are in a world of hurt!!! That's the amazing thing about the desert, everything green has a thorn!!! Sometimes I swear those cactus reach right out and grab you as you drive by!! :ride::lol:

Yea, one little slip and you are in a world of hurt!!! That's the amazing thing about the desert, everything green has a thorn!!! Sometimes I swear those cactus reach right out and grab you as you drive by!! :censored::ride:

Makes me glad to have friendly trees in England. - or at least as friendly as something solid can be.

Its nice to see those pics from arizona. Looks like a great place to ride. Its been in the teens here with snow and a thick layer of ice everywhere. I'm expecting to see the penquins walk by anytime now . :censored:

Very jealous... it was about 30 degrees here today in NJ with snow, ice, gravel, salt and other debris on the roads around here. Not the right conditions for my SM... spring can't come soon enough. :censored:

Its nice to see those pics from arizona. Looks like a great place to ride. Its been in the teens here with snow and a thick layer of ice everywhere. I'm expecting to see the penquins walk by anytime now . :lol:

I really feel for you guys that can't ride right now. I know I'd be going crazy!!! :censored:

Keep in mind that winter is our prime riding season here in AZ. Once we get to June, it pretty much sucks to ride when it's 105 degrees in the shade. :ride:

It was good riding weather today! i put in about 55 miles today riding down P.C.H on my sm...Put a couple of harleys to shame and even wheelied off the line(foot high power wheelie thru 2nd) to take a gsxr from light to light....of course he got me at about 65 or 70 once P.C.H opened up....all & all it was a good day.

I've only been out to the Tortillitas a couple of times. I should get out there more since I work just south of there. Once you get up in the hills and out of sight of the highway it's gorgeous country. Another good ride is to go out Tanque Verde Rd and over Reddington Pass. Just after the turn off to Reddington you can turn west and take some trails toward Mt Lemmon. Eventually you'll run into the road coming down the back side of Mt Lemmon. From there turn left to go up to Summerhaven or right to Oracle.

I've only been out to the Tortillitas a couple of times. I should get out there more since I work just south of there. Once you get up in the hills and out of sight of the highway it's gorgeous country. Another good ride is to go out Tanque Verde Rd and over Reddington Pass. Just after the turn off to Reddington you can turn west and take some trails toward Mt Lemmon. Eventually you'll run into the road coming down the back side of Mt Lemmon. From there turn left to go up to Summerhaven or right to Oracle.

Action, Ive ridden parts of Reddington pass and some of the ATV trails. Haven't quite figured out where it all goes though. Perhaps we can hook up some time and you can show me the cool stuff? :censored:

Rumple,

That would be cool. I get a little nervous riding out there alone. I don't get out too much now since I'm a full-time student (at age 36, &%$#@!?) and work weekends but spring break is coming up in a couple weeks or so. I should have a couple free days then if you're up for a ride. I'm sure the DRZ is getting tired of the daily commute to the university and would like to get offroad again. I know I would. I'm not a hard core rider - still kinda new the to dirt side of the sport, I just like getting out there and exploring. But this is the time of year for riding in Arizona. Action

Great pics. It was hot here today too. I went for a 100 mile ride today.

dammit, i should have called you and went riding with you....where did you ride at?

At 77 degrees Im on a mountain in western northcarolina ripping up some awsome forest service road looking for a shady spot near the creek to cool off

I'd like to come down some time and ride in the Tucson area.

Yesterday, the weather was fantastic!

It was good riding weather today! i put in about 55 miles today riding down P.C.H on my sm...Put a couple of harleys to shame and even wheelied off the line(foot high power wheelie thru 2nd) to take a gsxr from light to light....of course he got me at about 65 or 70 once P.C.H opened up....all & all it was a good day.

Sounds sweet!:censored:

dammit, i should have called you and went riding with you....where did you ride at?

Down Santiago Canyon to Antonio to Ortega Hwy twords Lake Elisonore and back to the 5 freeway home.

Down Santiago Canyon to Antonio to Ortega Hwy twords Lake Elisonore and back to the 5 freeway home.

that sounds like a very nice ride... ill see whats goin on the next weekend or two and ill give you a ring :applause: