Sign in to follow this  

06 jetting

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but has any one had to go leaner on the pilot? I have an 06 kx450 mostly stock with a twin air powerflow kit, fmf ti power core, wiseco 12:1 piston, and some mild port work. The jetting is 175 mj, 40pj, 55 leak jet stock ap cover, stock needle in 4th clip. The 42 pilot had a slighgt stumble just above idle and i could close the fuel screw all the way and it would still idle. I went to a 40 pilot and it cleaned up the stumble but it still idles with the fuel screw all the way in. Not as well though. I was just wondering if any one else has had to go leaner on the pilot also. By the way i am at sea level and i tuned it in my shop which only gets up to about 60 degrees. Any input would be greatly appreciated. It runs great right now, good response, i'm just nit picking. I'm a mechanic by trade so i tend to tune to the nth degree. Thanks.

stock except for 55 lj,45 pj and backfire screen removed and stock exhaust.we ride 1500 to about 3200 elevation im guessing.bike runs awesome with just a fuel screw adjustment.

Sounds like i'm the only one who has had to go leaner. I just fired it up today in the shop. It was about 50 degrees in there and it ran perfect with a 40 pilot and about 2.5 out on the mixture screw. Any colder and i would go to a 42. I am going to south carolina in a couple of weeks so i will leave it for now. Thanks for your input.