Sign in to follow this  

which boots out of........

ive searched ont his site for info and havent come across much

i want to get a cheap pair of mx boots around $200. (Aus $) i dont really care about the colour only durability and best value for money. i want a cheap pair as they will get bashed around and i dont have the money 2 get a really good pair. any opinions would be helpful on which 1 is best.

there are 2 stores that have good deals and equipment the first store is

http://www.ballards.cc

and i have found 1 pair of boots from them under blowout specials they are the Answer mode boots for $195 on special....

The 2nd store is http://www.mcas.com.au/index.php?sect=2

and i have found 2 pairs of boots around my price which are

oneal 07 element for $199 and gaerne rx moto for $199.

Any opinions on which would be the best are appreciated.. they will be used for some mx(not racing mucking around) and some enduro/trails also mucking around. i think the answer ones look very good but i might try and find more info on them all.

thanks will

Thor Quadrant or Tech 3's and Tech 6's should be on clearance. With lower end boots you really get what you pay for

Actually ive had an 89$ pair of thors for three years and they have saved me a couple of broken ankles. Considering I live in TN and it is very rocky, but ive had them since i first started riding because i bought them about 3 sizes tooo big. But otherwise they are a very good boot and i got them cheap.

I've been using (and abusing) my MSR MXT (maybe called NXT??) boots for almost two years now and they've held up surprisingly well for only costing around $150. The new 2007 ones have aluminum buckles too, instead of the plastic. I was especially happy with the soles, which usually go first on cheap boots. All the stitching has held up, and they haven't worn too heavily or badly.

Try tech 6's. I've heard they are nice, not super expensive, and protect you well.

I have Tech 8's and love them.

I woulden't get the Element boots, they are a joke. I had them, and they dide't protect your feet/ankles very good.

hey thanks 4 the comments ... i would get alphinestar but im not gonna pay that much(fairly expensive) for my first pair of boots. maybe in a couple of year i will get a better pair but i really just want these 2 last 2-3 yrs.

the tech 6 are $500..

thanks fellas

I dont know how available they are in Australia, but Berik OVS's are great boots, and can be had for about $190USD from the TT store. They also ship to Australia.

I guess the Australian market is different than here. The Elements are $100+/- and are junk. I thought the same thing as you and didn't want to spend the money. 4 mos. later I'm buying boots because the insole completely tore out. Check the off-road forum here I ended up with the Alpinestars Tech 4 and I think those boots are a steal for the money. Bob's has them on special for $130 and you can get them ordinarily for around $150. Good boots ought to last a fairly long time with a little tlc. Don't go too cheap you only have one set of hooves!

Id stay away from thor boots as I have a pair of Quadrants that need the insole replaced after a year and I dont ride but once every two weeks averaged out. They are comfortable and supportive but unless you can get them resoled look at Tech 6 or 8s as I am now!

With lower end boots you really get what you pay for

+1.

What is the deductible for your medical if you get hurt?

Tried to leave my low end boots in the ER.

No boot will protect from some stuff. But better boots really are worth the $.