Sign in to follow this  

Has everyone gotten stupid?

I’ve been thinking about getting a pitbike and looking around at and learning about them a bit. Ive been looking at mini-moto magazine and just have to ask has this group of mxers gotten just stupid?

More than half the riders in the magazines are wearing no gear at all and in street cloths. Most not in boots and wearing sneakers. I’m not sure I get the blatant disregard for safety! I think its just dumb, for Christ sakes guys put some boots on man!

OR I just missing something?

its really hard to ride pit bikes with boots on but i wouldnt get on it without a helmet and gloves at least

hey, i have noticed the same thing. i just bought a new pair of fox boots. i've been wearing them around the house trying to break them in. but for myself i'm looking for the most support and max protection. i'm self employed and need to do all i can to protect myself. am i going to be sorry with these? havent tried them on the bike yet.

I’ve been thinking about getting a pitbike and looking around at and learning about them a bit. Ive been looking at mini-moto magazine and just have to ask has this group of mxers gotten just stupid?

More than half the riders in the magazines are wearing no gear at all and in street cloths. Most not in boots and wearing sneakers. I’m not sure I get the blatant disregard for safety! I think its just dumb, for Christ sakes guys put some boots on man!

When I had my pitbike it was pretty had to ride with my mx boots on. Actually, once I kick started it and when my foot came up, my boot cought the number plate and broke it. :censored:

ya big bike boots and minis are rough. Pitbike boots only run around $100(axo slammers) and mine just make me feel more safe during those first turns with everyones legs hangin out

Axo slammers is the answer.I help our local track on the open ride days and have seen it all.I have seen adults on the 50 track without helmets and I stop them and tell them to go get there helmet and they get pissed and say were only playing around.I also have seen them in shorts on the track,some people have a total disregard for safty and I don't get it.Hell I ride with body armor I have seen to many bad crashes over the years not to.

:ride: my tech 8's work just fine, but hey they're your shins and ankles :censored:

With my Tech 8's i'm finding it very difficult so i've been wearing my work boots. I don't exactly have that safe feeling but I can ride much better.

I didn’t think of that and it makes sense, But as you guys mentioned there are low rise boots. The ones that many quad guys ride in. In any case your protecting should be first. It sucks trying to keep riding ANY bike when your hurt.

:censored:

in answering your question.............YES everyone has gotten stupid :censored:

i see knuckleheads all the time riding with no helmet, shorts and a pair of sneakers:bonk: .

granted i ride in shorts in the summer but never with out boots or a helmet.

gloves are a must as well if you ask me.

in the defense of idiots. cuase i know lots of them, its your right to wear a helmet...you don't ahve too..but your dumb not too. but as far as any other gear.....i wouldn't call it stupid..but i wouldn't call it smart either. . . i have seen people who can't just afford big bike boots AND slammers use their big bike boots and get hurt do to the clunkiness and not able to hit the brakes ...and hitting trees... . . so that gear hurt them...and i m just rambling now i guess but the helmet is the only thing i see necessary ona pit bike...

I just wear thors 50 boots and knee braces because the tech 8 get caught and hook under the plastics, in critical situations like midair or the face of a jump. Otherwise full gear on a pitbike is a must.

slammers and some knee/shin gaurds work for me!

Yeah....yours aren't even scratched up!!!:applause: :applause:

haha I'm one of those idiots who rides with no equipent. I've been riding for a while and raced bmx for acouple years. I consider riding my pitbike just like riding my BMX bike.

Wow.....

hehe. Guys, come on. It's pitbikes. I race the Pro class, and I can say I'll never wear boots on a pitbike. I get hurt every time I try. There's no room for anything and I mis-shift and hit stuff I'm not supposed to, and have had some nasty crashes just trying to ride with boots. No thank you. Not even the slammers.

I wear stiff skate shoes with shock absorbing soles. I might get some 661 ankle braces, but dudes.... boots aren't even an option for me.

Helmets? Duh... that should be an obvious. I don't ride without one.

Gloves... who gives a rip? They're just so you don't get blisters.

Shorts? WHO CARES!!!! Pastrana races in shorts! Come on guys! Who CARES! I like wearing shorts on pitbikes. :applause:

Shirt.... once again, who cares? Think a jersey is going to do much more than a t-shirt? Nah. They're both just thin fabric.

That's my take on it anyhoo.

Wow.....

hehe. Guys, come on. It's pitbikes. I race the Pro class, and I can say I'll never wear boots on a pitbike. I get hurt every time I try. There's no room for anything and I mis-shift and hit stuff I'm not supposed to, and have had some nasty crashes just trying to ride with boots. No thank you. Not even the slammers.

I wear stiff skate shoes with shock absorbing soles. I might get some 661 ankle braces, but dudes.... boots aren't even an option for me.

Helmets? Duh... that should be an obvious. I don't ride without one.

Gloves... who gives a rip? They're just so you don't get blisters.

Shorts? WHO CARES!!!! Pastrana races in shorts! Come on guys! Who CARES! I like wearing shorts on pitbikes. :applause:

Shirt.... once again, who cares? Think a jersey is going to do much more than a t-shirt? Nah. They're both just thin fabric.

That's my take on it anyhoo.

you got it! except, i like to keep my shirt on when riding...i wear gloves though, course when i do wear gloves i dont crash and when i dont wear gloves i always tear my hands up...nuthin like picking gravel out of youre hands!

and apperently not, ive been begging my dad for boots for a while...

Photos2006073.jpg

the pitbike gear!