Sign in to follow this  

Make your own shorty fuel tank vent?

I want one of those 2" vent lines with the metal vent.I'm not paying $19 to get it.Does anyone know a place to get those little metal vents that would be way cheaper?..I looked in Mcmaster Carr and did not find a suitable piece.Somebody has got to make these in a non-moto application.

Why do you want it? When you spill in the woods(or on the track too i could imagine) the gas shoots out the small metal piece onto your gas tank. They look cool but when you tip it over it's a PITA.

Why do you want it? It's an overflow hose to the gas tank. When you spill in the woods(or on the track too i could imagine) the gas shoots out the small metal piece onto your gas tank. They look cool but when you tip it over it's a PITA.

Actually, it's a breather for the gas tank. Without it, your bike would crap out and die like a 02 250SX flying through the air over a 70ft triple and dislocate your hip out your ass cheek MC style.

However, yes... gas could come out of it, and much easier than it would from a conventional vent hose. Really, I see no point in wasting your money on one. They don't look any cooler then a regular old hose. BUT, your money.

I have never owned one, but when talking at the track to a guy he said he'll never run them again because the lil ball in the metal cap got stuck so it didn't vent causing the motor to cut out. Thats bad. They look freaking awesome tho.

I have one on my bike and it has never leaked once. Just keep the rubber side down and the shinny side up and you will be all right.

I've lost 3 of them while riding. The last one was gorilla glued in, no doubt the gas weakened it but still.. They look cool, but when you loose it, your gas cap will shoot gas all over you in the whoops & every time you land off a jump, I know first hand times 3.. Im back to the long hose..

http://www.rockymountainatv.com

Go to Intake/Fuel, then go to fuel lines, then go to the Tusk one, its like 7 bucks. If that is too much then you should just put the money towards gas instead of buying parts for your bike.

I have tons of money.Mostly because I find the smart way to do things instead of pissing $19 on 2" of fuel line and vent caps.Thanks for the backhanded insult "help".