Sign in to follow this  

suspenison choices, wich would you do?

hello everybody my bike i bought (05 250f) came with a works connection spring set up for 150 to 160lb. riders, i weigh like 180 (im Tall) i have the stock spring but i dont know if i want to replace it. i can set the ring on the shock about 1 inch from the very bottom of the threads, its ok at that stiffness, but im still abit worried i may bottom it out , and it sits extremely tall, ive never track tested it yet, i tried to play with the clicker too. wat should i do? throw the stock one in and adjust it to a good height with more stiffness? or keep the works connection one? is it hard to replace it? thanks alot

Theres this guy from Ebay that does AMAZING suspension work, and he does it for a very very good price. Ill try and find a link.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/crf250-crf450-cr125-cr250-yz125-yz250-yz250f-yz450f_W0QQitemZ250084377924QQihZ015QQcategoryZ34284QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Go to that link. The guy really takes his time, unlike many companies who just put in what theyre computer says and ships it off. He knows what hes doing. Springs are almost essential to be set to your weight, and revalved suspension REALLY helps out, especially if your bike was set for 150-160. And for his price its really worth it.

Theres this guy from Ebay that does AMAZING suspension work, and he does it for a very very good price. Ill try and find a link.

I had my YZ 250F done by EBR Performance and did an awesome job. I also had them do a KTM and not so good. But they will do that one over and get it right.

One thing to remember is to buy the correct springs front and rear....don't think you can squeak by or your gonna lose weight etc. Proper springs and the right valving, correct sag......and you rocking.

Another guy that has popped up that has people talking is Javier from KTM Talk. I spoke to him and was very impressed. He worked in Europe for a while and has a lot of good ideas. I will probably send my KTM shock to him.

EBR Performance: 281-326-MOTO (Josh)

Javier: 310-923 0485

http://www.factoryconnection.com

The best suspension, period. Yeah, that's what they say but it's actually true in my opinion. Give them a call and they can tell you what they can do for you.

I have never heard anyone complain of a FC suspension work. They have been doing this a long time.