Where could the oil be leaking from?

My bike has an oil leak that its actually pretty major (have to put 1/3 qt everytime i ride to keep it at the right level), and I cant figure out where its coming from. I know it is on the left side of the motor, near the counter-sprocket and shifter, but thats all I can tell. Where at the possible places it could be leaking from? Thanks.

There is an oil seal behind the sprocket. If you are riding in muddy areas and you have that cover over your chain/sprocket, it will trap dirt in there and it will eventually get up under that seal and cause a leak. It is an easy fix.. Just replace the seal..

Another thing to check would be the timing hole.. A friend of mine was riding mine and his boots would loosen up the top screw while shifting and holding on and cause oil to leak. But, you would see oil on the toe of your boot.

There is an oil seal behind the sprocket. If you are riding in muddy areas and you have that cover over your chain/sprocket, it will trap dirt in there and it will eventually get up under that seal and cause a leak. It is an easy fix.. Just replace the seal..

Another thing to check would be the timing hole.. A friend of mine was riding mine and his boots would loosen up the top screw while shifting and holding on and cause oil to leak. But, you would see oil on the toe of your boot.

There was actually a bit of a sandy oil mix on my boot after riding today I noticed... I need to tear my bike down soon anyways, as soon as my brother moves out and I get the garage space to do so.