Sign in to follow this  

to all Race Tech gold Valve user's for RMZ...

If you are using race tech gold valves on your rmz(450 for me) and you are using their recommended settings off of the race tech web page, please call them to verify that what you are using is correct, including spring rates as well as the valve stack setting's. The reason is that a friend and myself both have 06 rmz 450's, we put the race tech in them last summer and had very wierd issues with the suspension ( we both have had race tech in previous bikes with great results), i finally put mine back to stock for my last race and it was way better. Well my friend who runs a suspension shop called them last week to see if there were any changes they could recommend, he gave them both of our setting's that the race tech website recommended, and the race tech guy said that the setting's were way off, so was the spring rates for both of us, he did gave us the proper setup to use although we have to wait till the snow melts to try them. We never found out why the website was so far off, maybe not enough testing done at the time, who know's, but just letting people know to double check the settings you have to make sure they are correct.

Thanks for that info. I just had mine done with gold valves. I haven't ridden it yet but will soon and will let you know if I have any issues.

I wanted to try their stuff. I already got a heavier spring from them, and their valves in my o4 RM250 with great results. I just don't like the stock rear shock on the RMZ450. I you feel a huge improvement, it might a good investement.

I have race tech in my 05 and my 07 and called direct.Here is a tip if you have"nt done it DO YOUR MID VALVES what a diff.and use there suspension fluid.