Tax return time, what to get?

Any fellow XR enthusiasts using their tax return money on bike stuff? I'm getting a whopping $180 back, my list is looking like Tag X5 bars (YZ double-high bend, same height and less sweep than CR double-highs), Acerbis Multiplo handguards, and the Multiplo mount kit. Comes out to right around $190.

Is there anything else I should get instead? I was almost thinking a SDG tall seat instead of the handguards, but I'm not sure. I'm 6'4", and opening up the cockpit would be nice......

Opinions? What's everyone else getting?

Good deal. I can't wait for this snow to melt to try out my Cannon RaceCraft springs. I kinda wish I would have got my rear spring from them too, but I wanted to give my local guy some business, so I had him order a Race Tech spring. Still waiting for it...... I don't know what the deal is, but whatever, I won't be able to ride for another month.

Already blew mine. I bought a '96 XR400 from dale here on Thumpertalk. I would recommend the SDG tall seat. For someone that's 6'2" 240 it made it more comfortable for riding and since I'm 42 the distance from sitting to standing is significantly better making it easier to stand.

I will be needing new springs, so since this is the first I've heard of Cannon Racecraft I may have to check them out.

I liked my experience with Cannon RaceCraft, ordered my springs online from them on a monday night, they were at my door on friday :censored: They'll custom make your springs to any rate you need.

I'm really considering taller bars and a taller seat. I don't crash all that much, so I think I'll hold off on the handguards until I start working this summer (hopefully I get the internship I want). I figure the bars will be about an inch taller than stock and they have 1 mm less pullback. Not yet sure if I'll need bar risers, I guess we'll see.

I was just thinking, my bike is going to feel completely different next time I sling a leg over it. Taller bars, taller seat, new springs front and rear. Ahh, I can't wait.

Well its not tax time for me but I dont need an excuse do I ?:censored:

I am waiting on some bar raisers from Dirtbikepro.com,about to order my SDG Hi-seat and have just removed my forks to service and fit gold valves.I recently decided that Ill be keeping it for a while yet so I thought Id make it even better:applause:

Despite my intentions to make only "necessary" purchases, this year's winter tune-up put me back about $400 in aftermarket, $150 in OEM, and $200 in service. One thing I was disappointed in is the MSR CR High bend bars I ordered. They look friggin short. I wanted to avoid risers, I prefer to mate the bars directly to the top clamp, but I don't think I'll be able to avoid it now. These bars are just not high enough.

Ohhhh.... just found out something nice. I'm getting the $180 back from Federal (actually $188), and another $60 from state :censored:

So maybe I'll get the handguards too.... it's only $20 over what I'm getting back. Sweet.

Dang, just went in my garage and realized I probably need a chain and sprockets this year. Found my chain (which feels like it's getting ready to replace) but couldn't find the master link :applause:

Oh well, I'll get handguards yet!

if you're that poor that you can only afford parts at tax time, then i said get yourself a roth ira and plan for your future.

if you're that poor that you can only afford parts at tax time, then i said get yourself a roth ira and plan for your future.

:applause:

I'm just a college student trying to figure out what to get with my tax return money, I never made any mention of my financial situation.