Sign in to follow this  

lean drz sm

the plug for my drz sm still looks lean.JD jet kit,155 main,25 pilot,blue needle on the #4 spot.i'm at sea level on the coast and its been between 45 and 65 degree's since i put in a new plug.ran about 1100 miles.freakin plug still looks whitish.any suggestions?stock exhaust and the 3X3 mod.and its gets 60 mpg or better every tank.runs fine though no hesitation or anything.

thanks eddie,the stock plug was nice and brown.could i have put somethin together wrong or maybe slight intake leak somewhere.i'm baffled i just don't wanna toast the motor or anything.i think i might still pull the carb back off and check it.but i will agree gasoline sure aint the same anymore,thanks.

i went back thru the carb,looked ok,removed the little screen above the needle and seat cause my bandit 1200 had the same carbs and no screen.went to a 160 main and opened the stock exhaust with one of those ebay tips.damn if it don't look a tad rich.and you did tell me it was ok eddie.we'll see,thanks for the info,sorry bout the other.:applause: