1985 ktm 495

i have a 1985 ktm 495 dirtbike....its not in great condition but i think i can get it running but i need parts.the guy i bought it from told me its a rare bike and it would be hard to get parts.ive looked on ebay and theres a few items but only a few things i need.do any of you know a good place to buy parts for my bike?also is this a good bike?

i have a 1985 ktm 495 dirtbike....its not in great condition but i think i can get it running but i need parts.the guy i bought it from told me its a rare bike and it would be hard to get parts.ive looked on ebay and theres a few items but only a few things i need.do any of you know a good place to buy parts for my bike?also is this a good bike?

Are you sure it's an 85,because I believe the 85 was liquid cooled and called a 500.

Are you sure it's an 85,because I believe the 85 was liquid cooled and called a 500.

correct..'84 was a 495 and air cooled,'85 was a 500 and liquid cooled.Parts will be a PITA.Lots of searching involved,potentially that is...

well i bought it a few days ago for $100 from this guy and he said its a 1985 ktm 495....but its liquid cooled so i guess it is a 500.i bought the bike cuz i was told its a motocross bike and i wanted a good bike for jumping.is this a good bike for jumping and does it have alot of power?

i bought it for $100 a few days ago you think it runs?lol.well apearently this is what happened,this guy bought the bike as a project bike to fix up and he never got around to it and left it outside so its not in good condition.it had water in the crank case and it was completely frozen and i just got it freed up today.it has great compression but the main problem now is spark,i just found that the wires were riped out of the coil and are cut off too short to be repaired,looks to me like this happened because they didnt have the coil bolted to the engine.so anyway the parts i need are coil,seat,gear shift lever,side plate for the gears(because the water pump attached is all broken apart and theres a hole in the cover so the oil leaks out),probably will need new tires soon because both have cracks,pipe silencer,plastic side panels,airbox and possibly more.

the main part im trying to get right now is the coil(thats under the flywheel).i keep looking but i cant find one.what other years and or bikes could i get parts that would fit mine?

I imagine you could try the 440,500 and 550 all the way up to 1996.