Sign in to follow this  

Is the Leatt Brace worn in the DAKAR?

I've seen a sophisticated neck brace on the DAKAR TV coverage. Does anyone know if that's the Leatt brace, or something else? It looks like it must be required, I can't remember seeing a rider without one.

I've worn a Pro Cycle Safety neck roll for years, it seems like the Leatt brace will give a lot more protection, in more directions. Anybody have any experience with both types?

I've seen a sophisticated neck brace on the DAKAR TV coverage. Does anyone know if that's the Leatt brace, or something else? It looks like it must be required, I can't remember seeing a rider without one.
In Dakar this year, some wore the Leatt brace, some wore other forms of neck protection, and some didin't wear any neck device. It was recommended for Dakar this year (and offered at a slightly discount price to Dakar competitors), but it was not required. Of the 12 or so American moto competitors in Dakar, I only know of one who had the Leatt brace (Chris Blais).

70 riders wore the Leatt brace at Dakar and company reps were there to make sure the product fit properly. This info from a press release on their website.