Sign in to follow this  

BBR Powerflow with UNI air filter OR TwinAir???

I in to buy some aftermarket air filters for my wifes TTR-125 and was wondering which of these two filters were best??

1. The BBR kit with UNI filter

2. Twinair pre-oiled filter

Any thoughts from people who have tried both or have experiences with either setup??

The BBR kit is better, since the plastic peice has a much bigger hole than stock. So naturally it's going to allow more aire through.

Thanks ..... just ordered the BBR filter.

Question, those that have installed this air filter .... Did you have to rejet??? What seems to work best and does JD even make jetting kits for the TTR??

I ran 17.5 and 112.5 - 115. Most people run similar, depending on what else is done to your bike. If nothing else is done, then maybe a 110 main. Just get a few mains and 17.5 and 120 pilot. Also, the kit is an extremely perfect fit. So to install it, you will probably have to TAP it in with a rubber mallet or hammer. Prefably a mallet. And remember tap NOT hit. But it will end up flush like stock.

Supervokes, The BBR Filter kit is a Plus for performance gain. I tried modding the stock filter but that didn't give much performance gain.

You're going to have to mod the inside of the Airbox cause it won't slide all the way in. Also its a tight fitting Plastic Housing so grease it and screw some tabs on the housing facing the cover so you can pull it back out. Good luck.

You're going to have to mod the inside of the Airbox cause it won't slide all the way in. Also its a tight fitting Plastic Housing so grease it and screw some tabs on the housing facing the cover so you can pull it back out. Good luck.

Mine slid in without modifying anything, I just tapped it with a mallet. It also loosened up after a while and now it pretty much goes in and out with little fuss.