AIr leaking from front tire

Honda150f,

There are tires manufactured to run tubeless, and that may be posted on your tire. These tires are designed to be used on solid wheels or sealed wheels designed for tubeless tires.

The wheels on your CRF150 are designed to use an inner tube. Are you the original owner? I have seen a number of creative "sealing" jobs performed on spoke wheels to try and run tires without tubes.

If you have a leak, you need to remove the tire and install a new tube. At the very least you will need to apply a patch.

(I do not recommended a patch)

If you get the wheel and tire off and there is no tube, you may find an elaborate "tubeless" sealing attempt performed by someone prior to your ownership.

If this is the case, you will have to decide on how you wish to proceed to get back on the trail. I recommend sticking with a tube. There are other nifty items available to replace inner tubes and also "fill" tubes to make your tires flatproof! These products are injected into a tube and when cured will end flats. There are also "Tire Balls". These items are installed in lieu of tubes but are quite costly. The advantage of "Tire Balls" is they are light weight.

Good luck and ride safely.

Yeah, I misread. I glanced. Turns out it says "tube type" Not "tubeless". At any rate I ripped off the tire, and there wasnt a hole in the tube but it was leaking where the stem met the tube. There is a bolt connecting the stem, and that was loose, I tightened it and it stopped leaking, but I havent put it back on yet so I'm just going to get a new tube. Just to be safe

I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand. Elaborate

If the valve stem nut is tight then if the tube/tire rotate the tube may pull away from the stem & either leak or get a flat.

Leave the valve stem nut on loose, screw on the valve stem cap, then rotate the valve stem nut up to the valve stem cap jamming it in place.

If there is any slippage then the valve stem will lean. Perhaps you may have had a bicycle do this - I have.

The chances drum brakes on a trail bike doing this seem much lower to me than if you had a higher tech bike with front disc brake, at least I would not worry about it too much.

It has a front disk break... I think that was the problem though, the stem was sort of at an angle coming out, so I think it came loose from the tube. So I'm just gonna get a beadlock and a new tube. I'm really dissapointed though, because I can't ride until I fix this, and I have been aaway from home for like a week. And this construction site where I ride just put up some hills that would make awesome ramps.

It has a front disk break... I think that was the problem though, the stem was sort of at an angle coming out, so I think it came loose from the tube. So I'm just gonna get a beadlock and a new tube. I'm really dissapointed though, because I can't ride until I fix this, and I have been aaway from home for like a week. And this construction site where I ride just put up some hills that would make awesome ramps.

Well that shows you how much I know about 150s - our 100 and 230 both have drum brakes in the front...

Throw any tube in there to get yourself going. If you can't get to a bike shop or even a store that carries a bicycle repair kit and you want to ride - remember the words of Garrison Keeler - "In the end all solutions are temporary, so just go ahead and use duct tape"...

Well hey Coffee, don't feel bad. I already said taht it didnt have a tube.. But anyway I found a guy locally that sold them, from his house? He was a straight up child molester looking guy, too. But at any rate I got the tube. Now I have to take the tire off and blah blah blah... Gay