Sign in to follow this  

1985 rm 250

My friend has a 1985 rm 250 it is mint and runs good. The biggest bike he's ever driven till now is a 2006 kx 100 he is an armature rider with light hours on a dirt bike. He wants to load $900 bucks in performance parts? Does any one think he needs more power it also has 50 +/- horsepower stock does any one think this is a wise decision.:censored::ride:

My friend has a 1985 rm 250 it is mint and runs good. The biggest bike he's ever driven till now is a 2006 kx 100 he is an armature rider with light hours on a dirt bike. He wants to load $900 bucks in performance parts? Does any one think he needs more power it also has 50 +/- horsepower stock does any one think this is a wise decision.:censored::ride:

:lol: I would tell him to hold onto his money he might need it for doctor bills.There is no comparison between a kx 100 and a 250.The 250 will put him on his ass in a hurry if he don't keep focused on what he's doing.Yes it's a older bike but still powerfull for the inexperianced.I would tell him to hold off and just ride it the way it is and see how he does for awhile.

Tell him to save his money. Better yet, have him sell the '85 on eBay, and then buy the newest bike that he can find with his $900 and the proceeds from the sale. It's possible that he will end up with enough to buy a late 90's RM250, and that would be worlds ahead of his '85.