Sign in to follow this  

Headed to Hard Rock today...

I really dont like the track, but it is close and they added some huge sections to the track that we want to check out. I will post up some pics here later this evening...probably not of me jumping the new stuff though! :censored::ride:

If you head out there, look for a blue GMC 4x4 truck and RMZ450 and CRF450.

David

Pretty bad shape...track was very wet and slippery when we got there and by 1pm it was hard as a rock...go figure. I still had somewhat of a good time until this guy wadded it up on the 2nd big tabletop at the top of the track and shattered his knee. He didnt have a pulse in his foot so I had to straighten his leg to try to unkink (if you will) his artery behind his knee. Needless to say he didnt like that much...but his pulse did return. Looks like he is going to srugery tonite. The tibia where it meets the femur was shattered in several pieces and the main part was thrust forward out of socket...destroying both ACL and PCL ligaments. He has a long road ahead of him. Some of you may know him since he is from around there...Curtis Doherty. He is at Shands right now. I think he said he swapped when he landed short and highsided down the hill landing on his outstretched right leg. Sucks for him...

That sucks...I've been victimized (hospital treatment) by Hard Rock twice too. Did they change the track around?

Pax was great Saturday even though it was a little dusty...

The main track is very technical and not forgiving if you make mistakes. I have "rolled it" a couple of times and realized it was not for me.

The new section includes a huge table top and a very steep uphill section with 3 steps. It also has a steep downhill section shortly after reaching the top.

My bones are too brittle to take chances on that track. I usually ride the roller coaster/sand track/Outback track/and the trails. When that place gets wet forget it, it is one slippery muddy mess.

MarkC

this guy wadded it up on the 2nd big tabletop at the top of the track and shattered his knee. He didnt have a pulse in his foot so I had to straighten his leg to try to unkink (if you will) his artery behind his knee. Needless to say he didnt like that much...but his pulse did return. Looks like he is going to srugery tonite. The tibia where it meets the femur was shattered in several pieces and the main part was thrust forward out of socket...destroying both ACL and PCL ligaments. He has a long road ahead of him. ...

Thats nothing I broke my collarbone (fractured clavicle)now that pain!!:applause:

The huge stuff is not incorporated into the main track yet...teh new stuff doesnt look too bad after watching some fast guy jump most of it...but, I didnt attempt any of it...I did jump all of the jumps on the main track however.