Sign in to follow this  

'03 OEM cylinder for '02

Looking to purchase an '03 cylinder for my '02 CR250, has anyone done this/know if the power valves are included.

Thx!

An '03 cylinder will bolt right up to an '02. I just went through the same thing because I thought I had an '03 and bought that cylinder for it. Turns out the bike is an '02. If you buy a new one it does come with power valves.

I am not sure if you specifically want to get an '03 or just need a replacement but I have a perfect '02 cylinder just out of the plating shop that is better than new (much thicker plating than stock and perfectly round). I would be happy to include the power valves and stuff if you need them. I did not think I had the time to wait for it while it was out and put on the other one so now I have an extra. I could certainly save you some money over new if you are interested. PM or let me know. Thanks.

That's a nice offer Zebra, what would you be looking to get for it? Also bear in mind that I live in Canada but can help you through the shipping details if you would be willing to ship here. For shipping sake USPS global is the way to go, my postal code is N4G 5M2.

Who did the plating by the way??

I sent you a PM back.

Langcourt did the plating. Truly great work they do. Looks to be at least three times thicker than stock plating. I know of serious racers that ship their brand new cylinders off to these guys to be replated because of the superior quality compared to OEM. :applause:

If you buy a new one it does come with power valves.
My new '03 cylinder came bare with no valves and no hardware. As I understand it, only new '02 cylinders come with valves and related hardware installed.

My new '03 cylinder came bare with no valves and no hardware. As I understand it, only new '02 cylinders come with valves and related hardware installed.

That's interesting, Skip, Zebra says his came with the valves included. Where did you buy your '02 cylinder if I may ask...

Thx

That's interesting, Skip, Zebra says his came with the valves included. Where did you buy your '02 cylinder if I may ask...
I bought a brand new '03 "B" cylinder and all related parts through Service Honda in late '05. I had to buy new valves, shaft, etc., separately. You can see this in that for 2002, part 16 is available and part 21 is not. Conversely, for 2003, part 21 is available and part 16 is not.

I bought a brand new '03 "B" cylinder and all related parts through Service Honda in late '05. I had to buy new valves, shaft, etc., separately. You can see this in that for 2002, part 16 is available and part 21 is not. Conversely, for 2003, part 21 is available and part 16 is not.

Interesting - if you look at other fiche say from Midwest Action Cycle for instance they show the '02 cylinder as an "assembly" and the '03 as just a cylinder. Also for '02 there are various powervalve sizes available and I'm guessing that for that year they had to be fit to the cylinder so I think in this case your are right. Not sure how Zebra ended up with his '03 with the valves though...... Maybe he can shed some light on this.