Sign in to follow this  

Spring rate help??

Looking to get new springs for my 2006 KXF250. I weigh 218 Lbs. I used a spring rate calculator that said I should be using .46 fork springs. The problem is I have seen the stock springs listed as .45,.459 and .46. Does anybody know what is actually in there? I am having a hard time thinking the stock springs are good from the factory for a person my weight, although I am not really having a problem with the front so much as the rear.

Also I found that I should be using a 5.4 spring for the rear. Is the stock a 5.2?

Thanks for any help,

-Kevin

Thanks, but I have to ask if you are sure. When I was going to get a revalve I was told by two companies that I needed .46 and 5.4. Is that because they were going to be valved differently?

Different compainies use different methods, some use more spring than others, some use less spring and more damping.

Thanks, I was going to get valving done but I just cant afford it for now. In the mean time I am just doing the springs. I checked with Factory and GP. I will probably go with GP when I can afford it. Unless someone would recommend otherwise.

I dont think the setup on the crf is bad to be honest,with the correct springs it should be very rideable.

check on ebay you can pick up secondhand springs for showa.