04 Husky with 05-06 plastics?

Thinking of doing this switch for one main reason. the 04 setup is too slim and I can't grip the bike with my legs doing MX or even in real steep hill climbs. Any one done this experiment before? and if so anyone have a stocket petrol tank for sale.. ?? the bike has tons of power and does well on the mx track.. still needing a bit of suspension tweeking.. but needing that leg grip action so i won't get tired too fast. thanks in advance TT peeps :censored:

HA HA ! flyred comes out with the magic answer.. :censored: I'll give this route a try .. BTW thanks forthe suspension settings to, I was floating on some crazy rhythm sections and yelling "woo hoo" at the same time still needs to work but it's not too bad.. if all fails .. might have to add a CFR450r in the fleet..

It was never my intension to swap the plastic, but when I changed to a FCR carb I found that the 04 gas tank blocked the choke and HS knobs. The only way to get access was to install a 06 tank, and.....

And yes, the square thing was a first place at a WORCS race.

The seat is just a stock 06 TE seat. Tasky had a SMR seat-grey and black with red piping- that was a little high on the bling scale for me but I was tempted.

To answer the question though. All the plastic gets replaced, new gas tank, seat and some little bits that change the front number plate mount from a horizontal bolt into a vertical one. The toughest parts to get are the black fork guards to fit the 45mm Zokes. Start looking for those now and the rest is easy