Sign in to follow this  

Houston area riders

!!! I need more notice than that!!!

SHNF is opened as of yesterday, We will be on the west side as of 8:00am wed. morn!

Yeah, I do too; but I threw everything in the back of the truck and went anyway. Had a blast, muddy blast; but a good time. That mud does NOT want to come off! Hippie couldn't resist and thought he needed some new scars. He got some trail rash on his arm but at least there were no major incidents like our previous trip.

What,ya mean no 5th gear endos in the gumbo?

Was the mud still pretty bad? I will probably be out there next wknd.

There were spots that you didn't have a choice. But, the levees were all pretty dry as well as several other spots. I made a complete loop around the place. But, both Hippie and I have sworn off the actual spoils area. I honestly don't think I would survive another top end endo like that!:applause:

Around the back of the island by the beach where the spoils are all sandy is the only place I will ride over the levy, good to know that its dry enough for a loop!

Pelican Island is between Galveston and the mainland. When you go over the causeway onto the Island, take the first exit and turn left at the the stop sign. Follow the road towards the Strand and when you go up on the overpass and come to the light at the top, turn to the left like you're going to Seawolf Park. Follow the road over the draw bridge and keep going. You'll see a Texas A&M facility on the right and start looking on the left. You'll see a paved road that a lot of people go down to the end and park. We usually go a little further down where you'll see some paths up the side of the levee and park there. It's 2 - 3 miles from the light you turn left at; on the left.

Around the back of the island by the beach where the spoils are all sandy is the only place I will ride over the levy, good to know that its dry enough for a loop!

With the rain predicted for tomorrow (Saturday), it's gonna be mess at P Island. But who cares....that's why God created pressure washers, right?

I'd rather crash in the soft mud, than do it on the oystershells that are imbedded in the dried stuff like concrete. That mud does taste rather shitty, though....

So, will you be going on Sunday?

That sounds pretty cool. I have seen the place that does ATV rides out there.

Post some pics!!

If you guys like sand I guess you love the River Track at Three Palms?

If you guys like sand I guess you love the River Track at Three Palms?

I pretty much like all three tracks there. I like the river track but sometimes the breaking bumps and holes where people are accelerating out of corners get 3 ft. deep before they groom them over. I haven't been out here since December and hear they've changed things up a bit.

What the hell Hippie; I come play in the mud. That stuff is a bear to get off. Seems like you just push it around the bike with the pressure washer and it never actually falls off.

Pelican was drier today that it was last weekend. Evidently, they didn't get much, if any, rain last week. Went out this afternoon and made 3 loops around the place; approximately 9 miles per loop. The only mud was crossing through the 4wd ruts between the parking area and everything else.

Sorry if I missed you Hippie, I was thinking the same time as last weekend.

uh, err,ummm...you were supposed to be at Kelly's Pond at that time, amigo! Dayum, it seems I omitted some crucial info on that last post. It must be because I landed on my head (again) last weekend. Or maybe it was dizziness due to loss of blood? My sincerest apologies, Jay.

uh, err,ummm...you were supposed to be at Kelly's Pond at that time, amigo! Dayum, it seems I omitted some crucial info on that last post. It must be because I landed on my head (again) last weekend. Or maybe it was dizziness due to loss of blood? My sincerest apologies, Jay.

Actually, I believe it my grey matter is still loose from the December experience. I should have known you meant SHNF when you were talking to Sandman. No biggie. I'm probably going to be at 3 Palms or Splendora; which ever is open and not racing next weekend with a coworker from Kingwood. He hasn't confirmed when his old lady will let him go yet. Will let you know later in the week if you or anyone else is interested.