Sign in to follow this  

te410 splutter at mid revs

hi ive just been out on my 1997 te410 after puting a new cam chain,piston kit and seals etc . it go,s really well apart from a spluttery sort of lumpy running half way throug the revs . it went really well before the build even with a badly stretched cam chain im thinking of taking the flywheel offand trying moving the stator in the slots aprt from that im stuck any help would be great :censored:

Not a timing issue unless your ign is going bad. Probably running a little lean in mid range , try moving needle clip to the bottom this will tell if it a little lean.Aslo type of cam profile can do this little stumble until higher revs are reached. Later George

I think it's prob a carb issue if only the midrange is affected. Run the bike where it is missing , then kill the motor and check the plug. Black is too rich, white is too lean. When you changed the camchain did you remove the carb? Also, check all the vent hoses and make sure the jets are all clean and the needle is seated properly in the slide and the carb.

hi yes i removed the carb ill have a good look at it this week and leave stator alone. thx for help:thumbsup:

ive just had a quick look at the slide . the clip was at the bottom of the needle already so i thought what the hell ill try it at the top and it made it worse its now second notch from bottom not bad but still not quite right. there is a small screw on the left side of the carb i suspect air mixture but it will not move ive never moved it before