Sign in to follow this  

Lights on 250f

I want to put some lights on my 06 YZ250f. I know I can get a new stator from Eline for $xxx.xx (whatever it comes out to be)

What's the best lights for the money that I could run?

Durring the summer I work outside (100 degrees) for 60 hours a week.

After doing that the last thing I want to do is go riding in the same heat. (well maybe) I still want another option though.

Thanks guys

I have an 05 WR and replaced the dim stocker with the Acerobic Blitz, It was cheap, $55.00 and is very bright, 2 30 watts bulbs, on pencil beam and one flood, It will take up to a 50watt bulb.

I warn you though, I upped to the 50's and melted one of the bulb holders, they did not take it back because i put some silicone to prevent water from entering the lights.

Still a darn bright light for cheap. i ride at night with confidence, ( and stealth:p )

Good luck;

OT:ride:

I've decided to go with a new TrailTech stator/lighting coil. (I think it's in the area of 75 to 100 watts)

As of now: 1.standard headlight from an enduro bike - 35/55 watt 2.Single Halogen MR16 - 20/35 watts

End of summer: 1.8" Halogen Race light - 55 watts 2.Single Halogen MR16 - 20/35 watts

Will the set up I'm going to be getting shortly produce enough light to ride safely at a decent speed?

MR16

8" Halogen Race Light

I guess no one makes an external stator for the 06 YZ250f.....

I was told that it cannot be rewound either..looks like I'm going to be riding durring the day:banghead:

I guess no one makes an external stator for the 06 YZ250f.....

I was told that it cannot be rewound either..looks like I'm going to be riding durring the day:banghead:

:applause:... night riding is more dangerous too...if you really wanna ride in darkness get a helmet mounted light, they work good!

I guess Eline can make one for the bike. I called him today and he said he is waiting for the parts to make the external stator.

It used to be possible on the 426s to run the WR flywheel and stator. Check and see if its possible to do with the 250f.

It used to be possible on the 426s to run the WR flywheel and stator. Check and see if its possible to do with the 250f.

I asked and was told I would probably have to run the WR CDI too.

If that's the case...I'll fork out the $450 and get 200 watts for the eline

But that's probably too. so who knows:excuseme:

The WRF parts will not work on the YZF. You need the eline stator if your going to do lights powered off the bike.

You could run race speeds with one MR16 HID on the helmet (portable battery powered). If your just trail riding, a pair or MR11 HID's will do good. Nice thing with these setups is you can use these lights on your next bike too.

Be careful, night riding is addicting!

The WRF parts will not work on the YZF. You need the eline stator if your going to do lights powered off the bike.

You could run race speeds with one MR16 HID on the helmet (portable battery powered). If your just trail riding, a pair or MR11 HID's will do good. Nice thing with these setups is you can use these lights on your next bike too.

Be careful, night riding is addicting!

How do I get the bike converted to DC after I get the Eline stator?

I've decided to go with a new TrailTech stator/lighting coil. (I think it's in the area of 75 to 100 watts)

As of now: 1.standard headlight from an enduro bike - 35/55 watt 2.Single Halogen MR16 - 20/35 watts

End of summer: 1.8" Halogen Race light - 55 watts 2.Single Halogen MR16 - 20/35 watts

Will the set up I'm going to be getting shortly produce enough light to ride safely at a decent speed?

MR16

8" Halogen Race Light

Most guys that are serious night riders out here run two of the 8" race lights and two helmet lights, one spot and one flood.

Hi there!

You can use a eline-system from a yz250f -01 and newer.

I use Megawatt "made in sweden". It`s almost the same as a eline but the finish isn`t so god. There is a Ducati-energia stator in a cast cover.

http://web.telia.com/~u56508307/ljus.htm

these are 35w Hid lights two on the helmet and one on the bike.

You can see the lightswitches on the bar , you can use the tumbs to operate them.

The tt MR16 hids is like toys compare too these and very heavy..!! (the ignitor and barlast are built in the lamp,have friends who use them.)

You`ll need a longer shifter( 20mm), a battery( i use a lead 1.3Ah battery placed in the airbox) cables 2,5 mm2 some good switches ..

Henric