Sign in to follow this  

Lights on 250f

I want to put some lights on my 06 YZ250f. I know I can get a new stator from Eline for $xxx.xx (whatever it comes out to be)

What's the best lights for the money that I could run?

Durring the summer I work outside (100 degrees) for 60 hours a week.

After doing that the last thing I want to do is go riding in the same heat. (well maybe) I still want another option though.

Thanks guys

It's 100 degrees in South Dakota in the summer? Wow

ha..ha..ha.. 110 is pretty high

I think I remember hearing that it hit 120 somewhere

For the money the ufo twins are hard to beat, two 35w mr 16 halogens. The downside is you need the juice to run them. Since you need a new stator this may not be an such issue. I run two 50w bulbs in the twins and a hid helmet light:thumbsup: . For $500 you can get a trailtech 8" hid:eek: that only draws 35w and puts out more light than auto's.

night riding is a different feeling all together. A little scary, but it forces you to focus on different things, like engine rpms, more sensitive feel, etc. Probably a good thing. It might be hard to get used to the beams always bouncing around, it's not very smooth, and you mgith be whipping to the left, and the bike is oging right, see what I mean. I would suggest some HD outdoor lighting, if your that serious about it. :applause: hopefully my experiences can help you.

For the money the ufo twins are hard to beat, two 35w mr 16 halogens. The downside is you need the juice to run them. Since you need a new stator this may not be an such issue. I run two 50w bulbs in the twins and a hid helmet light:thumbsup: . For $500 you can get a trailtech 8" hid:eek: that only draws 35w and puts out more light than auto's.

Where can you find the UFO twins?

night riding is a different feeling all together. A little scary, but it forces you to focus on different things, like engine rpms, more sensitive feel, etc. Probably a good thing. It might be hard to get used to the beams always bouncing around, it's not very smooth, and you mgith be whipping to the left, and the bike is oging right, see what I mean. I would suggest some HD outdoor lighting, if your that serious about it. :applause: hopefully my experiences can help you.

As for being serious about it...I don't think that's the thing. The cost to light our 10 acres would be nuts. Parents wouldn't go for that.