Sign in to follow this  

Best Air Filter

Twinair is the only way to go, I dislike UNI. twinair sells a backfire resistant filter so you can cut out your backfire screen or shell out the extra $90 and buy their

frame,. it drops in the bike way easier than oem. Use No-toil oil if your not already ,its also the only way to go,just use oxyclean powder from wallmart to clean it ,way cheap and works just as good.:applause:

Twin air, OEM or No-toil

I currently have the twinair and OEM for my bike, so I will allways have 1 clean filter to install, that way I don't have to wait for a filter to dry after cleaning it before I ride.

Uni- Thats All I Got To Say About That!its Only Your Motor Choose Wisely.

I like the UNI 2 filters two in one and they come apart for complete cleaning. Do the twin air filters pull apart or are the sewn together?

I have the stock Yamaha, the Twin Air, a UNI, and a Moose.

I like the Moose better than any of the other's. The Moose is either made by UNI or Twin Air, I can't remember. The Moose's construction is very well made, PLUS it doesn't require you to put sealing grease on the lip like the other's do.

Both the Twin Air and the UNI are well constructed, but after using both for awhile, the Twin Air doesn't seem to be holding up as well as the UNI is.

I rate them from best to worse:

1) MOOSE

2) UNI

3) Twin Air

4) Stock Yamaha

I like the Moose better than any of the other's.

The Moose filters are very nice. Twin Air and Uni are good too.

i used both the twin air and the uni, right now i have a no toil that cost 10 bucks pre oiled and that is about how much a can of filter grease goes for. i like the uni best because you can take the 2 stages apart and it dries a million faster that way and because of the sealing surface on them, its better than on any filter i have seen, i havent had a twin air in a few years i dont know if you can take them apart or if they improved the sealing surface?

ready filter pre-oiled. and you can reuse them......

I have had those ready filter pre-oiled filters, and will not use them again, they are meant for a one time use and then you chuck them. If you use any solvents on them it will degrade the foam, and after the first washing the foam is starting to slightly come apart on the seams... And I also do not think that they filter as well as the rest of the foam filters. For me I am staying away unless its an 1 time use emergency.