Sign in to follow this  

Good bye Yamaha, Hello WR250!!

Hey all, just went and test rode the 07 WR250. :applause:

What a blast! I sold my 03 wr450 last wed, and have been looking round. But no longer do i need to look.

I hope to order my brand new one in the next week or so. Is there anything that I should order with it, ie I have asked for a price with bashplate that covers the expansion chamber and some hand gards. And whats the best fuel to oil ratio mix.

Any ways thanks for your help. Looking forward to It :applause:

good choice! I wouldn't get too crazy with bolt on items,other than what you've mentioned,I suggest radiator guards.40:1 should suit that bike quite well.Good luck.

Depending on what you ride and your riding style a G2 throttle tube, it mellows out the bottom end power but it comes with 3 cams so you can try the diffrent ones to suit you style, well one of the cams is stock so 2 to change the power delivery.The 400 cam is awesome for slippery conditions.

I would suggest a skid plate as well.

I also have a rear disk guard and i have a front disk guard on order because i bent my front disk 2 times in 2 rides, 1st and 2nd ride go figure.

I mix my gas at 50 to 1, that is what is recomended in the manual.

I hope you enjoy the bike, i'm sure you will, i know i do.

What do you mean by "cams". Also the guy said I could adjust the exhaust spring valve to adjust the power?

Steahly FWW, handguards, set up suspension, gas & go...Make sure you tighten/retorque everything down after your first ride! Congrats and welcome to the Husky team!

What do you mean by "cams". Also the guy said I could adjust the exhaust spring valve to adjust the power?

The G2 has removable cams on the throttle tube, it just changes how quickly the slide opens. If you look up G2 on the web and go to there web site they explane in better than i can

I suppose by now you have gotten your new Husky. I recommend good handgaurds and tune your suspension to fit your need.

Unless you ride in extreme sharp rocky areas, you shouldn't need to bother with a skidplate. To me, they collect too much dirt and mud and make oil changes a bit more of a hassle. Radiator gaurds? If you ride in mud, most of the aftermarket guards that I've seen allow the mud to plug the radiator, the OEM plastic guards keep the mud out for the most part. I've slammed my WR250 into the ground quite hard a couple of times and have not even bent the radiators, they seem to be better protected than the jap bikes I've owned.

Enjoy your new ride! My next bike will be another Husky for sure.