Sign in to follow this  

WHat is it worth?

A friend of a friend has a 1990 KX500 for sale for $1200. New top end. I haven't seen it myself, but am told it never gets ridden but once or twice a year at Pismo. The guy needs the money, new baby, and has no place to ride. Just wondering if it is worth the money. He has also put all 2003 plastics on it. Has a new sleeve and displaces 525 cc's.

I am new to KX's, been a Honda and Suzuki man all my life but am not brand biased. I just want a good bike for the money.

Thanks for the help.

I'd jump on a deal like that!

No clue what your riding experience level is but those bikes are pure insanity...Be safe on that thing.

I am a long time 4 stroker, been riding since I was 5.:applause:

I am a big guy (6'0", 260lbs) and have ridden my friends 250's and found them lacking:excuseme: Just looking for a bunch more power, and everything I have heard is that the 500's have "deliverable" power, not just insane. I would probably put on a cammed throttle tube to get used to the bike.

How is the suspension? I ride mostly desert and up on the wide trails at Hollister and around the local farm country. Some river bottom stuff, and a little in the mountains, but my DRZ will see most of that for the dual sporting.

Thanks for the help:cheers:

It will be a fun bike for the desert. Fun power!

The only down side that you listed is the sleeve. A replating job is always prefered over a sleeve.