Sign in to follow this  

'94 rm 250...where to buy woods parts?

a few questions-

i recently picked up a 94 rm 250 in trade. its been a ton of fun in the desert, but yesterday i hit a mountain trail for the first time. the trail was steep and rocky. i found quickly that i couldnt creep up these technical hills or my bike would stall. so, i need to slow it down some. i plan on riding in the mtn's quite a bit, and would rather have my bike set of for that type of riding.

from reading on the forum, i found that i can add a diff sprocket and a fly wheel weight. i also need to adjust the idle. lastly, id like to add a larger capacity tank, as i ran out of gas.

where is a good online source for 94 rm 250 parts? id like to pick up the following:

-kick stand

-larger fuel tank

-sprocket to slow me down

-skid plate

-possibly a fly wheel weight

-any other mods that would suit me better in the woods.

thanks.

Kick Stand ~ I don't remember if Suzuki still had a kickstand bracket on the '94, if it does, then buy an RMX250 kick stand and bolt it on. Otherwise, Moose (I believe) sells one that clamps on to the swingarm ~ and they work great.

Larger fuel tank ~ Just find an RMX tank, it'll hold about .8 gallons more. If you need to go larger than 3 gallons of gas, try IMS or one of the other aftermarket tank suppliers.

Sprockets are sold all over, but be careful, smaller on the front and larger on the rear also means quicker. Consider going just 2 teeth up on the rear for starters. What does your riding buddies use for gearing?

Skid Plate ~ Works Connection makes them, or stock RMX250.

Flywheel weight ~ I personally like the small ones (7 to 9 ounces). Sthealy (sp?) makes them in 4 sizes for about $115, pay your money and make your choice. But save this one for last.

For woods riding, I recommend that you should pick up an FMF Gnarly pipe, their Turbine core sparky silencer and don't forget the bark busters!! And don't forget a hydration system with a small pouch for carrying "extra" stuff.