Sign in to follow this  

07 Ktm 300 Xc-w Skidplate

Im looking for a beefy skidplate for my new xcw. I want max protection on the sides as well as up the front frame. I am also looking for the stock ktm headlight. Let me know of good sites as I haven't found what Im looking for.

Try the guys at enduro enginering. I just got their 07 catalog Friday and they have aluminum skid plates for the 07 katooms and they also carry the tail light and headlight kit that is from ktm. Should bolt and plug right in. I have the same ride and am getting ready to order the same stuff from them and I might send my suspension to them. I have gotten some stuff from them in the past and had good luck with them. Check out their rear disk guard. :applause:

I have an '05 300exc and bought the EE skidplate directly from the dealer at purchase. After I got it in the mail, I didn't even mount it as it was way too thin to be much use here in Arizona. Went with the Flatland Racing unit instead and it was twice as thick. Also have Flatland rad. guards. Good stuff. I've bought lots of other stuff from EE and they're certainly a great source as well. Just bolted up my revalved susp. from Slavens and went for an 80 miler yesterday and the bike is much easier to ride in the rock and chop. Should have made that mod a few years ago.

Do a search over at KTMTalk.com. There was a thread about a week ago with pictures of a beefy unit that even protected the pipe. Sorry don`t remember the name, but it was the ultimate in protection.

Regarding the light, I installed the larger KTM mask (the one used on the 07 EXC's) with the Baja Designs light upgrade kit (includes the lens with a 80/80 light bulb and fits the KTM mask with no modifications), this set up works a lot better than the smaller KTM headlight, it works almost as good as the 8in. round headlight. If you are interested in the PN's, send me a PM and I'll be glad to send them to you. I also connected the speedometer light and it works great without the use of a battery.

jb

Can you tell me where you bought the larger mask and Baja kit for your bike? Was it an expensive upgrade, doeas anyone sell this item complete or do you have to buy the everything seperate? I've been looking for a good aftermarket light, but haven't found the right setup without spending a small fortune.