Sign in to follow this  

what is up with this tire?

i just put this on and it looks like this DSCF0536.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg

why does the bead disapear like that? did i do something wrong? the tire is at 15 psi. it does that and then goes back to showing the bead.

The bead has not seated all the way yet. Did you put anything on the bead to help seat ? like soap ? If not let the air back out and put something on the bead, I will inflate the tire all the way up to 35 psi. It sould go on.

The bead has not seated all the way yet. Did you put anything on the bead to help seat ? like soap ? If not let the air back out and put something on the bead, I will inflate the tire all the way up to 35 psi. It sould go on.

yea wat he said...also if thats the front tire isnt 15psi too much

for hard pack its should be 11-12 psi in the front and in intermediate,sand, and muddy conditons it should be 12 psi

yea wat he said...also if thats the front tire isnt 15psi too much

for hard pack its should be 11-12 psi in the front and in intermediate,sand, and muddy conditons it should be 12 psi

I think he has 15 psi in there just to set the bead.

I had the same problem on my old bike. After numerous times of deflating the tire, loosening the bead lock, spraying soapy water and inflating to 50 or so PSI, it stayed the same.

I just left it and had no ill effects.

If you haven't ridden it, you may be able to set the bead. I think I rode once or twice and the tire was pretty much settled in and wouldn't budge.

If it just simply wont bead you can take your tire iron and try prying the tire up, then inflating it up to 35psi, then deflate and repeat until you get it proper. I always had that problem with cheap tires, and once with a michelin.

LOL I see that a lot on my brothers bike evrtime he rides we have too air up the tires u just deflate it all the way push on the side wall and air it up a little make sure its still on then air it all the way up wat evr u usually put it at

its from sittin for a long period with a flat tire lol like i said my brothers bike gets it a lot

The tube may trapped between the tire and the rim not allowing the tire to pop up on the bead.Take it off and air up the tube slightly before installing.Lube the tire bead lightly with soapy water before installing tire on rim.If it goes on hard you are doing it wrong.

I've noticed Michelins are hard to set the bead, you need at least 50psi, maybe more, just keep trying. I wouldn't ride it like that though.:applause:

The tube may trapped between the tire and the rim not allowing the tire to pop up on the bead.

This is what I was thinking, check that first and I always spray WD-40 to help seat the tire instead of soapy water, I think it works better.

LOL I see that a lot on my brothers bike evrtime he rides we have too air up the tires u just deflate it all the way push on the side wall and air it up a little make sure its still on then air it all the way up wat evr u usually put it at its from sittin for a long period with a flat tire lol like i said my brothers bike gets it a lot

What kind of english do they teach children in Texas. Quit with the stupid cellphone texting or chatroom english crap. You have a full size QWERTY keyboard in front of you now, so use it. :applause:

Some punctuation would also help show a bit of intellegence.:applause:

What kind of english do they teach children in Texas. Quit with the stupid cellphone texting or chatroom english crap. You have a full size QWERTY keyboard in front of you now, so use it. :applause:

Some punctuation would also help show a bit of intellegence.:lol:

Yeah, your in a position to speak... :applause:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472462

Does your mom have metopoz as well? How is that truss passin going?

Need some ice for that burn? :cry:

It will go on if enough air pressure is in it. Pump it up until it "pops" and then deflate to normal pressure. Its helps if you spray soapy water on it too.

I recently had the same problem with a tire that had been on for a while...while cleaning after a fairly muddy race, I noticed sand and grit in between the bead and the rim.

I picked out the "nasties" and my tire looked much like yours.

I deflated to about 8 lbs., and "worked" the tire, then inflated to about 25 lbs and rode around my yard...get a bit of speed and hit the front brakes while standing and pushing on the front end, without pulling stoppies of course.

It took a little while, but the tire finally seated.

What kind of english do they teach children in Texas. Quit with the stupid cellphone texting or chatroom english crap. You have a full size QWERTY keyboard in front of you now, so use it. :lol:

Some punctuation would also help show a bit of intellegence.:cry:

:applause: Leopard, when you go throwing stones make DAMN sure you aren't in a glass house!

It is spelled INTELLIGENCE!:applause:

Deflate it and break the bead on the opposite side. Lube the bead all the way around. I prefer Windex for lube, dries fast and leaves no residue. Then inflate to max rated pressure noted on sidewall. Check the bead and if it isn't set, try beating on it a bit with a rubber mallet. Once the beat sets, be sure the lower the pressure to your normal riding pressure.

i had this problem and i fixed it in 2 secs alll i did was deflate the tire and hit the tire the hole way round with your hand like repeated hitting on the circumference of the tire then pump it up and voila

try baby powder helps

i have never used baby powder to seat the bead. I do however put a light coating of baby powder on the tube before installing it.

Do what everyone else is saying, you just need to seat the bead. Let the air out of the tire and soap up the bead then re-inflate to anywhere between 20-50psi. I know michelins are hard to seat. If that doesnt work check to see if the tube is twisted..