Sign in to follow this  

put a hole in the case

Well today I was out ridding on the river here in town and I was taking off in second gear and my master link failed and the chain ended up bunching up and snapping my CASE SAVOR:thumbsdn: right off.The chain bunched up and put a hole in the case right were the actuator arm for the clutch is and now oil leaks out.

My question is what do I have to do to get it fixed I am not a welder but I can take it to a shop.If I get it welded what type of durability will I have with it or should I just start looking for a good used one?

ANY BODY HAVE ONE FOR SALE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/mattskn/case002.jpg

You can have it welded up, and it'll probably be fine- provided they do a good job. I'd recommend you check ebay for some basket case. Take what you need and put the rest back up for sale and make your money back.

Matt,

If you can't find a welder in your area, I am a certified welder at Michigan Cat (Caterpillar). I would fix that for no cost to you. A long-legged brunette would be nice though. I would guess we are a two hour drive from each other.

Mark Sarge184@aol.com

Matt,

If you can't find a welder in your area, I am a certified welder at Michigan Cat (Caterpillar). I would fix that for no cost to you.

Proof that TTers are amongst the best in the world! good man.

Welding would be the best solution (duh), but I have seen jb weld or similar product fix problems like that. Good luck fixing it.

I would recomend that you split the cases for that one . When you weld it up you will want to make sure you do not block the oil gallery which feeds the clutch push rod and the clutch actuating arm jounal needs to be kept free also. You may have to run a drill through them after you weld it.

Good luck

I would recomend that you split the cases for that one . When you weld it up you will want to make sure you do not block the oil gallery which feeds the clutch push rod and the clutch actuating arm jounal needs to be kept free also. You may have to run a drill through them after you weld it.

Good luck

Thanks trashrider but I think the way to go is to purchase a used case

I was out looking at it today and after further inspection it looks like it would be next to impossible to weld and drill because the actuator is to close to the case. I m having a hard time explaining it.:applause:

check the TT store. for a 2001 case, list is $450, TT price $330. Probably have to call on price for a 2005