Sign in to follow this  

Possible hose issue

So I brought my 06 CRF150F home yesturday and we kinda had probelms getting it started at first. We finally got it started and it just wasnt running good. So today, I took it out again, just in the street. Well as I am slowing down into the driveway, it stalls...jerks, and I drop the bike. So after trying to get it started again, I gave up. SO I went and sat down by it, looked under it and this is what I found. A hose coming from something (the thing I am pointing to, crankcase?) and you can see where it ends and what it looks like. &%$#@!? Heeelllp! Buffy

Hose is coming from this...

Picture010.jpg

Tip of hose smells like gas...

Picture011.jpg

Now that i'm thinking about it...is that just a vent? ****Throws hands up! Why won't my damn bike start then if it is? It beter be a vent!~ Why isn't the damn bike starting and getting enough gas/or air. P.S. YES, I hurt my thumb when I fell! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It is a vent. Carberator vent house. New bikes are hard to start for the first while. Might want to uncork/rejet. Re-jetting makes a big difference starting.

• Like 1

Uncork it under the seat right? I'll have it rejetted! OK, thanks! I was stressing out! I still dumped it in the driveway! Ouch!

OK, the choke has three positions. I started it with it all the way up...then immediately put it in the middle. Then I probably did not wait to warm it up enough because when I try to put it in the third positiion, it dies.

What hurts worse...fallinbg on concrete or dirt! I think concrete! :applause: :applause:

OK, the choke has three positions. I started it with it all the way up...then immediately put it in the middle. Then I probably did not wait to warm it up enough because when I try to put it in the third positiion, it dies.

What hurts worse...fallinbg on concrete or dirt! I think concrete! :applause: :applause:

Concrete...your doing the choke right.After your on the middle position maybe 20 to 30 seconds go the the 3rd or all the way down,these beast are cold blooded before you jet them,so rev it a couple,three minutes before you ride,not to hard just short burst,dont wind it all the way out.Eventually you'll get the hang of warming her up...

Let it set for a couple of minutes idling in that middle position... Ride is right, sometimes new bikes are hard to start... and some bikes don't like to get dumped and start right away...

Hope this helps,

Dennis

Will do, i'll let her sit in middle position for awhile casue as soon as I flip it down, it kills it. :applause: I don't care what ANYONE says, even if your going around the block...ELBOW PADS! lol

vent hose, u have 2 of them, one running to under the bike and one that runs under the gas tank.

u have to start it with the choke all the way up

leave it there for awhile, then move it to the middle, just dont let it die when u move it to the bottom position.

like stated earlier, ull get the hang of it :applause:

• Like 1

OK, I started her up today no prob. Let it sit in middle position while I unloaded the groceries. When out and clicked in down and on she stayed! whewww...she definately needs to be jetted soon. Elevation is higher here. Thanks everyone!

OK, I started her up today no prob. Let it sit in middle position while I unloaded the groceries. When out and clicked in down and on she stayed! whewww...she definately needs to be jetted soon. Elevation is higher here. Thanks everyone!

Good job Buf!!!Soon you'll be a pro at this thing.So how do you like the 150,Im thinking of getting one for the wife,it will be her first do you think she will like it?

Let it set for a couple of minutes idling in that middle position... Ride is right, sometimes new bikes are hard to start... and some bikes don't like to get dumped and start right away...

Hope this helps,

Dennis

+1 I let it sit in the middle for a while and then even ride it for a few minutes before I push it all the way down.....they take a while to warm up.

Good job Buf!!!Soon you'll be a pro at this thing.So how do you like the 150,Im thinking of getting one for the wife,it will be her first do you think she will like it?

Yeagh, it's a small bike.

Right on Skillz..... they do seem cold blooded... even in the summer....lol...

Dennis