Sign in to follow this  

New Bike For Only $45!

Wow! That is all that I can say about AIS Removal Kit that I installed on my 07 WR250F. I took it out for a ride and it was a completely different bike! If you havent installed this kit on your bike I highly recommend it!

I must admit that I am mechanically challenged. I had my local shop install the kit for me.

For those who dont know the stock machine is bogged down with equipment to ensure that the motorcycle is SMOG compliant. This kit opens up the bike and unleashes the horsepower. One of the big things that I immediately noticed was the throttle. Stock the bike only uses about 75% of the throttle. The kit remove that limiter.

Here is a good picture of the simple components in an AIS kit. http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=GYT%2D5TJ93%2D69%2D00&gift=False&HSLB=False&mscssid=6CB56E39DABF4FF6B9681F36411B6ED6

I'll give you an example. I went to a dry lake bed last weekend. I topped out at 65 mph stock in 5th gear. This weekend I hit 60 mpg in 3rd gear! How is that for a $45 add-on?

If you haven't opened up the exhaust and replaced the throttle stop screw then you haven't seen anything yet. :applause::applause:

Yes. This is only on newer WRs. YZs and older WRs do not have the smog system. Yamaha started putting them on newer WRs particularly for California compliance to get the bike a "green sticker."

Remove the AIS, replace or cut the throttle screw, open the airbox and the exhaust, disconnect the gray wire and rejet (I recommend the JD jet kit). Now you have a YZ with e-start, lights and a wider gear ratio. :applause: