Sign in to follow this  

Help Connecting a hour/tach to 06' WR250F

Does anyone know how to hook up a hour/tach meter to a WR250F? I purchased a Tiny Tach hour/tach meter for my 06' WR250F and my first problem was to find my plug, then I realized I didn't have a plug wire to wrap the meter wire around. I wrapped it around the coil wire near the lock in plug, but when I tried it, it didn't work. Any suggestions how I can make this work? Thanks....Brian

Wrap it around the top of the plug. I taped one end, wrapped it aorund 5 times or so, taped over it and ran the wire up to the hour meter where I just double sided taped it to the frame...

When you say, "wrap it around the top of the plug", do you mean to pull out the coil and slip the wire down inside around the top of the plug and then route the wire up and out so it will be between the coil and the motor when done? Will it melt the outer coating of the wire? Thanks again...Brian

You do not take off the plug and wrap around the top of the wire...

http://images.powersportsnetwork.com/fiche/images/Yamaha/2006/Motorcycles/7089_electrical1.gif

#3 is the plug. There is a connector at the top of the plug. Wrap it around 3-5 times underneath that connector, as tight as you can. Basically, you are filling the gap between the connector and the part of the plug where it bumps up.

Regardless if your plug looks like that or not, wrap it in that area.