Sign in to follow this  

New top end

Maybe a good time to consider a big bore kit. My son has a 139cc big bore from maxpower. He is impressed with the performance across the rpm. We have used Weisco for all of our 2 strokes up until 05. The new 06 / 07 stock suzuki piston is a little taller for higher compression.

Good luck

Maybe a good time to consider a big bore kit. My son has a 139cc big bore from maxpower. He is impressed with the performance across the rpm. We have used Weisco for all of our 2 strokes up until 05. The new 06 / 07 stock suzuki piston is a little taller for higher compression.

Good luck

also if im gettin a big bore kit how much isthat gonna cost and what could i get besides the 144 kit

becasue thats the only on i could find

Yes the 139-144 big bore kit from max power is pricey. Spent over $1000 for the package. I have found some cylinders on E-bay for a good price. My rational for the big bore kit was that you had to sleeve or replace the cylinder anyhow. Helps offset the cost of a big bore kit. As for your original question either Weisco or a stock 06 / 07 piston work great. If you do order the stock piston dont forget to also order the c clips and the rod bearing. They are all sold seperate.

Good Luck

its spelled WISECO. and i don't know of any one who sleeved a nikasil cylinder, as far as i know you have to get get them nickel coated.

on my 03 rm 125 my friend just blew the top end :applause: so im gettin the cylinder resleeved but what top end kit should i buy weisco, pro x, magura tech, or oem and how should i break it in

Why don't you just put the cheapest piece of crap piston in it that you can find, being you tried to cheap out with the sleeve job. If that bike gets ridden hard, like most 125's do, it will overheat,and seize alot with that sleeve, and you will need a new cyl. to fix it! Sleeves seldom get installed properly (there is no proper way, they dont belong there) They can shift, they create heat through more friction. They also retain more heat, because of their thickness, a sleeve does not transfer heat through the water jackets nearly as efficiently as the nikisil coating. You may have saved yourself a hundred bucks by choosing to sleeve that motor, but in reality, you are going to spend more and have a slower bike. If it's not to late, re-coat that cyl. And while your at it order the biggest overbore piston you can get for that bike and have the cyl sized to the piston. It wont cost you any more. Sleves belong on shirtsand jackets!

Why don't you just put the cheapest piece of crap piston in it that you can find, being you tried to cheap out with the sleeve job. If that bike gets ridden hard, like most 125's do, it will overheat,and seize alot with that sleeve, and you will need a new cyl. to fix it! Sleeves seldom get installed properly (there is no proper way, they dont belong there) They can shift, they create heat through more friction. They also retain more heat, because of their thickness, a sleeve does not transfer heat through the water jackets nearly as efficiently as the nikisil coating. You may have saved yourself a hundred bucks by choosing to sleeve that motor, but in reality, you are going to spend more and have a slower bike. If it's not to late, re-coat that cyl. And while your at it order the biggest overbore piston you can get for that bike and have the cyl sized to the piston. It wont cost you any more. Sleves belong on shirtsand jackets!

:applause: Well said.Get a hold of Eric gorr and do a cylender exchange with him.Go with the 144 kit:thumbsup:

alright no sleeves idk i jsut went that way cuz it was cheaper but i guess im gettin a new cylidner then and i dont have enough for a 144 kit isnt it like a grand :applause:

whats wrong with a sleeve? but if thats bad then when should i get

Have your cylinder replated. Check out Millenium Technolgies http://www.mt-llc.com/index_home.shtml

They most likely have a re-plated cylinder for your bike in stock. They send it out to you, you send them your old one back in the same box as a core and your done. No waiting, no turnaround time. Their work is awesome...I just did this with my YZ250 and I was very impressed. The cylinder they sent me is perfect in every way and looks like it is brand new. :applause:

alright thanx i sent out my cylinder to millenium tech they didnt have one in stock so there just gonna over bore and repair mine :applause: